Built in stir-plate table

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BarnabyHooge

Reaction score
I decided I didn't need another piece of equipment laying around so I built my stir-plate into my workbench. It's a chip circuit with an LED and on/off button. There's a hole drilled into the bench and the whole thing will be covered in hardboard. Works great, even with the board, but I'll probably give it a little more juice when I find another DC adapter I'll probably splice it in.

Next up is the built in grain mill with a removeable hopper and patch so it can "disappear" when not in use.

IMG_0775.jpg
[/IMG]

I'll try to get a few more pics tonight, but essentially the fan hangs from 4 screws coming down from the top of the table. There's a 2 inch hole that allows the magnets that are mounted on a short length of PVC to rise up from the fan and come as close to the top plane of the table as needed.

I am currently doing this very thing to my desk. I am going to have three built into the bottom along one side. Nice job with the build, and I look forward to seeing the underside electronics.

Joshua

Latest posts

Back