Is there a maximum temperature for bottle carbing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtnagel

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I will be going away for vacation for 3 weeks in a few months. I figured why not bottle a beer and have it carbonate while I'm gone. But I won't be keeping the house as cool as usual but I probably won't turn the AC completely off either. So what is the temperature I should set the AC to? Is there a maximum temperature for bottle carbing?

from everything i have heard here, i would suggest keeping it under 80 degrees at all costs, and keeping it below 75 would probably be the rest route if possible.

The bulk of fermentation is finished leaving the bottles as hot as 80 wont be a problem.
Make sure they stay ABOVE 70* for proper carbing
After there carbed, keeping the temp lower 40-60*, will ensure a longer shelf life.

Thanks guys. I'd probably allow the house to get up to 80F at the most anyway. I have plants and probably wouldn't want to humidity to get to high for 3 weeks anyway, so sounds like I'll be good to go. It will be nice to come home from a long vacation to perfectly carbed beers :)

Latest posts

Back