Advice about a stalled plant

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benzy4010

Reaction score
All my plants have seemed to stalled in growth but one i particular ( pics to follow). My centennial is doing pretty well but the rest have hit a wall. I'm planning on plantig them in the ground instead of pots but I'm not sure when. I think I should wait till next season when they are done growing and go dormant. I live in north Georgia and I'm growing some kent goldings and fuggle as well that are the least active. I know that this climate isn't optimal for these two plants but I thought I'd get more than I have. Any advice?

image-3517560260.jpg

Cascades

image-1865854947.jpg

Centennial

image-99171867.jpg

Kent golding( least growth)

image-3170495906.jpg

Fuggle also limited growth. They have been in pots for around 1.5 months

Attachments

• image-4040109859.jpg
    image-4040109859.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 107
  • image-4158426184.jpg
    image-4158426184.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 102
Do you have drain/air holes in pot bottoms?
Not a bad idea to put air holes in sides. Also, organic matter in potting soil slowly becomes acidic...in nature the rain washes it away. Hops, I'm told, like pH 6 - 7.5 . You may need a pH test kit.
Do you fertilize?
Try a few oz of MiracleGro solution, and observe. Later, put a small amount(a large pinch) of 10-10-10 in soil but against the pot side so you don't burn plants. If you see drying out of the leaf edges, too much nitrogen is being absorbed, plant in ground(Diazinon?) and water out the fertilizer. Good luck.

I do have holes in the bottom and some in the side. I did use miracle grow a few days ago but we have bottom a ton of rain so im sure it all washed out before much was absorbed. I don't have all the hops in the sun all day either I figured that the English hops don't like being in the 95 degree sunlight which it's been all week so they are sorta under cover I think I need to put them out in the sun though. I'm gonna fertilize soon

Back