Everybody loves a mini cannon!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really needed to watch this. Enjoyed it so much for some reason. The sound track really pulled me in. The bloopers--- Classic!

As a kid I had something like that. No idea where it came from. Cleverest thing I could think to do with it was shoot a bottle rocket. You put it to much better use. KaBoom!

The cannon flies back so potently that you may want to turn it around for max devastation....

OrdinaryAvgGuy said:
So how do they work? Do you remove the primer or does the ammo come like that?
I was wondering the same the same thing.. How would I get the ammo to fire. My friend made one of these, but his had a hammer that you got to swing with a pull cord.
jakenbacon said:
The cannon flies back so potently that you may want to turn it around for max devastation....
It needs more weight, for sure.

So how do they work? Do you remove the primer or does the ammo come like that?

What I did was pull the .22 bullet with pliers from the casing and just used the projectile only. I filled the cannon with some black powder, not the powder from the .22 cartridge. Then I just put in some wadding (tissue paper) and loaded the .22 projectile and booms away!

What I did was pull the .22 bullet with pliers from the casing and just used the projectile only. I filled the cannon with some black powder, not the powder from the .22 cartridge. Then I just put in some wadding (tissue paper) and loaded the .22 projectile and booms away!

Sounds kinda dangerous. I think I would rather watch you have all the fun.:)

One time a guy at work machined a 1" bore cannon from some kind of copper alloy, and got some 1" balls. We were all out shooting at a buddies house, and he brought out the cannon. The guy who's house it was supposedly had some black powder. It was going to be my turn to shoot it first, but things ended up moving slowly and I had to leave before it was fired. The next day he brought the thing in to work, and the barrel was peeled open like a lily flower. 3/4" thick walls. Evidently it was smokeless powder, not black. The cap shot off the back and hit the owner of the property right in the kneecap, brought him down. Luckily nobody was killed. It was one of many instances where I felt like I was being looked out for.

Back