Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to say again, what an amazing comeback...Down 4-1 in the third and coming back to win. Rask was standing on his head half way through that period..One of the best games I've ever seen...

Oh yeah and they scored the last two goals with an empty net...

One for the books as Jack would say. One of the craziest game 7 finishes I have ever seen. Great series.

Lundqvist was a wall in that series...See you on Thursday..

Crazy how good that guy is. If he hadn't make a few unbelievable saves the first half of the first, this might have been a completely different game. And then choke.

My other team didn't even make the playoffs, so see y'all next season. Gah.

I have to say again, what an amazing comeback...Down 4-1 in the third and coming back to win. Rask was standing on his head half way through that period..One of the best games I've ever seen...

Oh yeah and they scored the last two goals with an empty net...

there was certainly never any questioning about Rask's performance. He made almost all initial saves, most of the goals scored in the last few games were uncleared rebounds and scrums in front of the net.

Rask needs to keep doing what he's been doing, but the D need to start picking up the trash in front of the crease

First, Lundqvist has been extremely solid in net... The Rangers decided to score goals!! The first few games were painful to watch. Coasting, not getting shots on net, it drove me nuts. Second... What happened to the Leafs? I was seriously pulling for them. Damn.

Holy Maple Leaf melt down. Now we have to hear the Boston fans spew about how good they are... It's cute for like five seconds then its funny because because you know how dumb they are even with no mental handicaps.

Aw, jeeze, who the hell let Hoppy in here? Doorman! Doorman!

Of course, without a hockey version of Redzone, he'll be even more clueless than he has shown with his football acumen. A laugh riot! ;)

But on a relevant note...How 'bout those BRUINS! :rockin:

I watched 'til the bloody end, was too invested to click off the game even when it was hopeless. 'Course, I was also earning the "Money Money" as my grandsons call it, with the toob keeping me company, so it wouldn't have been a total loss of an evening.

And historic, apparently. No NHL team had scored three goals in the final period of game seven to tie and then go on to win in OT. Ok, so it'll be a really tiny record in the book, but it's something ;)

And now Boston versus New York. Where have I heard that before? :D

Cheers!

[edit] Just watched the third period and OT again. Much more enjoyable the second viewing...

_facebook_16724.jpg

Pffffft... they were never going to win the cup this year.

But the only thing keeping me from breaking my TV was knowing that they even did what they did with an extremely inexperienced group, and after years of pessimism on my part, I know they will grow to be a force over the next several years.

Pffffft... they were never going to win the cup this year.

But the only thing keeping me from breaking my TV was knowing that they even did what they did with an extremely inexperienced group, and after years of pessimism on my part, I know they will grow to be a force over the next several years.

That was a great series, and a fantastic Game 7. Doesn't get much better than that, really.

This Toronto team proved it could hang with the big guys, and play just as physical, and generate more offence. Turnovers and faceoffs cost them the series, but that's okay as these things should improve with time.

This was always a "see what happens" year anyway, and it couldn't have turned out better. We know:
-Kessel is a monster in the playoffs.
-Reimer is the real deal - search for a goalie can wait a while longer.
-This team really does care about one another, and should be a good young core for many years.

Fun series. Terrible ending, but still a lot of fun!

This was always a "see what happens" year anyway, and it couldn't have turned out better. We know:
-Kessel is a monster in the playoffs.
-Reimer is the real deal - search for a goalie can wait a while

I think that Reimer was playing beyond his own ability. Chalk it up to adrenaline or chalk it up to the b's not crashing the rebounds like they should have been making him look better than he did all season. When the intensity was turned up he gave up the bad rebounds, and turned into the sieve we knew he was.

Build your young team around a goalie like that and you are asking for a few more disappointing years. But hey I've been wrong before.

The way I see it Toronto replaces Reimer, and they have a contending team for years to come. They played great as a young unit.

Like when they traded Tukka Rask for Andrew Raycroft, so they could hand the net in the future to Justin Pogge. Dont rush out to het rid of Reimer yet, give them time to see what they actually have with him.

I think that Reimer was playing beyond his own ability. Chalk it up to adrenaline or chalk it up to the b's not crashing the rebounds like they should have been making him look better than he did all season. When the intensity was turned up he gave up the bad rebounds, and turned into the sieve we knew he was.

Build your young team around a goalie like that and you are asking for a few more disappointing years. But hey I've been wrong before.

The way I see it Toronto replaces Reimer, and they have a contending team for years to come. They played great as a young unit.

Guess you didnt' watch the game, or any one of Reimer's regular season games this year. Not a single one of those goals was a result of poor goaltending. Not one. They were all what you could call "good" goals.

Reimer is the reason his team went to 7 games, not the reason why they didn't go to round 2.

How does a sieve make 251 saves and post a .923 SV%? What a retarded statement.

But you're right - he really needs to get those rebounds under control. I mean, look at this garbage:
ibxxst0Qfb3HSZ.gif

Gotta agree. And I wanted to find a better goalie at the beginning of the season... mind completely changed. He could work a BIT on his rebound control, but the Leafs D generally did a great job of scooping them away. Regardless, he's still young and if you know anything about goalies you'd know that they take quite a while to develop. And to see how far Reimer has already come JUST THIS YEAR makes me all the more optimistic.

What's hysterical to me about the series though is that one could make a strong argument that it was probably won because of FACEOFFS. We need serious work there.

And I mean really, Reimer is probably the most experienced goalie in the league :D

If Torres didn't change the way he plays after the league penalized Gryba's legal hit then he pretty much only has himself to blame (in some ways), though I think the league needs to drop this ex post facto bs.

Very nice win..Lundquist was not good today. He better play better or this is gonna be a short series. Just keep winning those home games and we'll be all set.

Go Bruins!!!

Here is to hoping the Wings can play another 60 minute game and make the hawks look stupid.

The president's trophy winners don't look so good so far tonight.

Hawks look like crap. This is pathetic.

Meh, Hawks played flat and uninspired last night. Looked like a bunch of entitled b!tches. Hopefully this helps motivate them to actually play some real hockey, because if they do this series will end 4-2 in favor of the Hawks.

Here is to hoping the Wings can play another 60 minute game and make the hawks look stupid.

The president's trophy winners don't look so good so far tonight.

Hawks look like crap. This is pathetic.

Meh, Hawks played flat and uninspired last night. Looked like a bunch of entitled b!tches. Hopefully this helps motivate them to actually play some real hockey, because if they do this series will end 4-2 in favor of the Hawks.

It's over. The Hawks are going to keep trying to bully the Wings and are going to get into more penalty trouble. The Wings are too good and too smart to allow the Hawks to come back.

It's over. The Hawks are going to keep trying to bully the Wings and are going to get into more penalty trouble. The Wings are too good and too smart to allow the Hawks to come back.

Seriously, I don't think keeping your own sin bin filled through the third period when you're down two scores is all that great of a strategy.

I think Chicago could be cooked..

Cheers!

Back