What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to Disney in a couple of weeks. Ill gladly take your recommendations on food, beer, and anything else. :)

Not sure if Florida has the same stuff as here in SoCal, but there is an all you can eat BBQ place that is killer here.

LoloMT7s Honey Citra NWPA. Aroma is mostly grassy Citra with a hint of grapefruit zest. Palate is very nicely balanced, almost a little peppery at the start, the honey characteristics go very nicely with the hops on the backend and fading away to a little bit of malt. I think its a delicious beer! Well done my friend.

ForumRunner_20130512_194707.jpg

@seigex...what did you do to push yours up to 14%? Mine was 1 gal apple cider, 1/8 tsp. Lalvin yeast and 1/4 C. Dark brown sugar dissolved in 1/2 C. Boiled water. I like the flavor a lot but would like to boost the abv...would just increasing the sugar on the primary ferment do it or do I need to add something additional?

bottlebomber said:
......but anything that is smaller at the mouth than the base is a lose in my book.

I think there may be a joke to be said in response.

@seigex...what did you do to push yours up to 14%? Mine was 1 gal apple cider, 1/8 tsp. Lalvin yeast and 1/4 C. Dark brown sugar dissolved in 1/2 C. Boiled water. I like the flavor a lot but would like to boost the abv...would just increasing the sugar on the primary ferment do it or do I need to add something additional?

Wasn't mine, it's one I had at a LHNB that they had on tap. I'm trying to come by the recipe, if I can I'll share it.

Wasn't mine, it's one I had at a LHNB that they had on tap. I'm trying to come by the recipe, if I can I'll share it.

Please do, if you would! I have much enjoyed making hard cider, it's been a lot of fun and a pleasure to drink. I hope beer brewing will be as enjoyable, lol

seigex said:
Looks like it's trying to emulate a can, but with bottle/tap goodness.. seems like there's a lot of potential to dribble... and any loss of beer would be catastrophic.

Yes, it is in fact shaped like a can and I've never spilled any out of it so no worries about dribble. Unless of course you've had too many. ;)
It's actually a good glass and I like using it.

Yes, it is in fact shaped like a can and I've never spilled any out of it so no worries about dribble. Unless of course you've had too many. ;)
It's actually a good glass and I like using it.

BLASPHEMY! No such thing.

Gonna have to plan a trip

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/big-thunder-ranch-bbq/

Menu

At this barbecue blowout, you can have it all!

A family-style all-you-care-to-enjoy lunch includes barbeque chicken and ribs, cole slaw, ranch beans and cornbread.

At dinner, your server will bring you endless helpings of barbeque chicken and ribs, smoked sausages, cole slaw, Ranch beans, corn wheels and cornbread.

Vegetarians can request a barbecue skewer with potatoes, squash, bell peppers, mushrooms and tofu.

Dessert is available for an additional cost. You can order up an extravaganza of ranch hand sundaes and old fashioned ice cream floats, seasonal cobblers, a s'mores bake or a family-style cookie bake topped with vanilla bean ice cream and hot fudge.

Western Hospitality

Follow your host down a horseshoe-studded path to a shaded table. Rest your weary bones while your table server dishes up heaping piles of food and musicians fiddle and sing.

Entertainment

Musical guests will keep your spirits high and your hands clapping. The musical review is the perfect way to unwind before hitting the trail to your next adventure.

Where did you get it? I'm intrigued, might have to pick one up.

Directly from WesleyS. There are obviously other breweries that do that style, haven't seen any round my area, don't look too hard though. The Hopadillo is badass though and so is the glass. I can't remember who but someone is always posting a sweet looking Sun King glass/can too.

I'm not drinking anything right now (I might grab a beer shortly), but I was able to compare the kit-brewed Rogue Morimoto Soba ale to the Portland-brewed on Friday. There is a night-and-day difference, and definitely in Rogue's favor. This means that this is the second time I have failed with this kit. I hope it was the kit, because I'd like to think that I've improved as a brewer over the last year and a half. I can drink mine, because it is palatable (eventually), but I'm never buying this kit again. I can't afford this frustration.

andvari7 said:
I'm not drinking anything right now (I might grab a beer shortly), but I was able to compare the kit-brewed Rogue Morimoto Soba ale to the Portland-brewed on Friday. There is a night-and-day difference, and definitely in Rogue's favor. This means that this is the second time I have failed with this kit. I hope it was the kit, because I'd like to think that I've improved as a brewer over the last year and a half. I can drink mine, because it is palatable (eventually), but I'm never buying this kit again. I can't afford this frustration.

You mean you can't make beer that tastes just like one of the top breweries in the world in two tries??? You suck! ;)

Sounds like you need to transition to all-grain :D

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/big-thunder-ranch-bbq/

Menu

At this barbecue blowout, you can have it all!

A family-style all-you-care-to-enjoy lunch includes barbeque chicken and ribs, cole slaw, ranch beans and cornbread.

At dinner, your server will bring you endless helpings of barbeque chicken and ribs, smoked sausages, cole slaw, Ranch beans, corn wheels and cornbread.

Vegetarians can request a barbecue skewer with potatoes, squash, bell peppers, mushrooms and tofu.

Dessert is available for an additional cost. You can order up an extravaganza of ranch hand sundaes and old fashioned ice cream floats, seasonal cobblers, a s'mores bake or a family-style cookie bake topped with vanilla bean ice cream and hot fudge.

Western Hospitality

Follow your host down a horseshoe-studded path to a shaded table. Rest your weary bones while your table server dishes up heaping piles of food and musicians fiddle and sing.

Entertainment

Musical guests will keep your spirits high and your hands clapping. The musical review is the perfect way to unwind before hitting the trail to your next adventure.

Thank you sir, I owe you a beer!

Chamuco said:
My hb Saison that just won a first place ribbon at the Alameda County Fair. Happy Mother's Day.

I have had this beer, hands down the best Saison I have ever had! Cheers Chad, great beer!

Come on, I've only started this year, but each one of the 7 beers I have brewed have surpassed the previous one! Dont give up! Go AG, its fun and the beer is so much better!

Back