Craft Beer MAW

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got home. Yesss!!! Thank you InityBrew! Conan, you are mine! Now to figure out this itrader thing.

image-1593696972.jpg

Just got home. Yesss!!! Thank you InityBrew! Conan, you are mine! Now to figure out this itrader thing.

Under the person's username, you should see a Feedback Score: x. Where x is a number, click on that number and you can provide them with a rating.

xMalachi said:
Under the person's username, you should see a Feedback Score: x. Where x is a number, click on that number and you can provide them with a rating.

Got it. I'm not sure how long the forum has had this feature, but it's handy for swaps. I love this thread. I'm going to go again pretty soon, hopefully we can keep it going.

Added a few more for you guys:

The abyss
Bells black note
Midnight Sun berserker
Founders kbs and CBS
Funky Buddha lounge beer
Hill farmstead Everett
alpine Experimental hoppiness
Maine brewing lunch
Kern river citra dipa
Bruery grey Monday
Olde Hickory Event Horizon
Big Sky Ivan the Terrible
Troegs Nugget Nectar

Legally no we couldn't till today. Alabama. But as a lot of people on here know I "have seen it done" we were the last state to sign it into effect. Well Mississippi takes effect in july

Legally no we couldn't till today. Alabama. But as a lot of people on here know I "have seen it done" we were the last state to sign it into effect. Well Mississippi takes effect in july

I always new Alabama was fooked up well glad they got their heads out of their a$$ and you are a legal beagle now :D

nedvalton said:
Thought I would share the good news. I can finally brew beer, well legally anyway. Governor signed the bill today.

Congratulations !! What's your first "legal" beer going to be ?

bottlebomber said:
Got it. I'm not sure how long the forum has had this feature, but it's handy for swaps. I love this thread. I'm going to go again pretty soon, hopefully we can keep it going.

As of now its not showing any signs of stopping anytime soon. As long as everyone keeps up the good work this thread could and should go on forever.

nedvalton said:
A 14%abv imp stout with Madagascar vanilla beans, cocoa nibs, ancho and chipotle peppers.
And as far as AL being behind in most we are football we pretty much run that show

Hey now.... Don't be forgetting about my Gators now!! In all respects though you all have really stepped your program up with some killer recruiting.

TheMan said:

The abyss
Bells black note
Midnight Sun berserker
Founders kbs and CBS
Funky Buddha lounge beer
Hill farmstead Everett
Maine brewing lunch
Kern river citra dipa
Bruery grey Monday
Troegs Nugget Nectar

Sorry I don't qualify yet. I could do this. I'm surprised no one has grabbed this. Just wanted to comment to subscribe to this thread.

TheMan said:

The abyss
Bells black note
Midnight Sun berserker
Founders kbs and CBS
Funky Buddha lounge beer
Hill farmstead Everett
Maine brewing lunch
Kern river citra dipa
Bruery grey Monday
Troegs Nugget Nectar

Nugget Nectar is a few months old at this point, and not found on the shelf anymore (that I've seen, anyway).

Edited, did not know nugget nectar was old right now.

The abyss
Bells black note
Midnight Sun berserker
Founders kbs and CBS
Funky Buddha lounge beer
Hill farmstead Everett, or others
alpine Pure hoppiness
Maine brewing lunch
Kern river citra dipa
Bruery grey Monday
Cigar city jai alai or others
New England Imperial stout Trooper
Brooklyn Black Ops
Kane brewing, a night to end all dawns or other brew of theirs

This sounds like a good time. Il check for jai alai, bit nugget nectar and black ops SHOUlD be easy for me to find. Well, nugget nectar is in my closet. I'll report back.

mikeysab said:
This sounds like a good time. Il check for jai alai, bit nugget nectar and black ops SHOUlD be easy for me to find. Well, nugget nectar is in my closet. I'll report back.

I think he took NUgget Nectar off his list since its a few months old at this point. But maybe double check with TheMan :)

sfrisby said:
I've got a 1 month old Pliny I won't be drinking so i plan to use it for a MAW hit, so get some wishes filled and get those lists posted!

I month old?! You might as well pour that out. ;)

WesleyS said:
I month old?! You might as well pour that out. ;)

I have a brew to bottle and I'm low on emptys so you may be right.

But.....I'm not a Hophead. Had it before and it's wasted on me. Others could appreciate it more.

sfrisby said:
I've got a 1 month old Pliny I won't be drinking so i plan to use it for a MAW hit, so get some wishes filled and get those lists posted!

It really isn't anything I would pass along at 1 month. I wouldn't take Pliny out more than 2 weeks, and I specially wouldn't ship hot oldish Pliny anywhere and expect it to be enjoyed on the other end. The hop character of Pliny is somewhat.. delicate. I'm also blessed to be able to pick it up at the brewery the day after bottling though.

Yeah and that's really it. You can tell when someone made zero effort to search first. There can be 2-3 threads currently being discussed about the same thing and someone will post asking the same exact question. And it's not so bad to post a comment on an old thread, but trying to solve someone's problem posted 4 years ago that is now long forgotten is where people get annoyed. It doesn't take much effort to look at the date on the original and last post of the thread. With that being said, though, it's not that big of a deal, but some people like to go through and complain about those things and make people feel stupid when they make that mistake, but as a whole this is a friendly place. No one should let the unofficial forum police dissuade them from participating as much as they want.

I got harassed for politely directing a person asking about cold crashing to use the search option and that he will get a wealth of information there. I was told I had the wrong mindset and was informed of the rule of not directing people to use it. Now I don't help people asking the same question over and over again for that reason. You can only answer the same question in 5 different threads all in the current threads so many times. And I understand there are new people who don't know about searching or whats been asked, but to politely let them know that there is a search and that if you scroll down you can find it and get crap for it is pretty lame.

Many IPAs you could with no problems. Just for some reason the hop aroma of Pliny diminishes VERY quickly. That's partly why you hear so many mixed reviews of it - 1. It's the best IPA eva! 2. This beer is meh. I don't see what's so special. I think it's because it's super filtered. Gorgeous looking beer, but it just doesn't keep.

I'm not a hophead, but there are a few out there that really impress me. If you havent had it, do yourself the favor, try to find some Elevated from la cumbre. It's sooooper delicious. Oh, and while you're at it, please find some for me too ; p

I had super fresh Pliny and was less than impressed. Good beer but top 5, not by a long shot. Heady was sooooo much better. IMO DIPA's shouldn't be filtered. Would I drink it again? Maybe. Most likely just pass it on to a friend.

nedvalton said:
I had super fresh Pliny and was less than impressed. Good beer but top 5, not by a long shot. Heady was sooooo much better. IMO DIPA's shouldn't be filtered. Would I drink it again? Maybe. Most likely just pass it on to a friend.

I'm not sure when you had it, but 3 or 4 years ago it really was the best IPA out there IMO. It's definitely gone downhill, it's not as hoppy. Also, there are so many competing IPAs now, many of them are out of the park. HT is definitely one of them. I am very excited about this one I got in the swap.

I have Pliny en route for the first time and can't wait to try it. Looking forward to jumping in the MAW very soon too!

Not doubting you, but was it that bit was "that good" or just didn't have the competition? I can't be one to say. I never had it back then

I'm not sure when you had it, but 3 or 4 years ago it really was the best IPA out there IMO. It's definitely gone downhill, it's not as hoppy. Also, there are so many competing IPAs now, many of them are out of the park. HT is definitely one of them. I am very excited about this one I got in the swap.

nedvalton said:
Not doubting you, but was it that bit was "that good" or just didn't have the competition? I can't be one to say. I never had it back then

I'm not sure either. Honestly, I think the best IPAs are mine ;)

Back