Things a Homebrewer Thinks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
grathan said:
Might as well buy everything I could possibly ever want before internet tax kicks in...

Living in Hawaii and fearing this will adversely effect my brewing habits!

DrunkleJon said:
Why do some people not like to hear about homebrewing? Am I... Boring?

Oh god yes! My girlfriend threw a party yesterday and I was providing the beer, now every one is more than happy to drink it all but if I want to talk about it, at all, then Im boring and obsessive?
How is that fair?

Suppose that is rant over now.

Oh god yes! My girlfriend threw a party yesterday and I was providing the beer, now every one is more than happy to drink it all but if I want to talk about it, at all, then Im boring and obsessive?
How is that fair?

Suppose that is rant over now.

Had a date the other day and my sister told me explicitly "Do not talk about beer. Whatever you do, do NOT talk about beer! Do you hear me, do not even think about it."

-In well stocked beer section of supermarket and sees many highly rated beers for the first time "I should buy all of these for research so to help me decide what to brew next"

True story, tried weihenstephan, blue moon, punk ipa and dead pony club for the first time.

Just found myself asking myself out loud when i realized i was out of dish soap. "I wonder if I can use StarSan to clean my (eye)glasses"

Yeah,it works pretty good for that. I'm wondering if I can reproduce the mistake I made in my light hybrid lager? Turned out prett darn good for an oopsie!:tank:

unionrdr said:
Yeah,it works pretty good for that. I'm wondering if I can reproduce the mistake I made in my light hybrid lager? Turned out prett darn good for an oopsie!:tank:

I was thinking last weekend when I was brewing about setting up a cam corder. I figured I could watch later for any mistakes I may be making.

"why didn't i wear gloves when washing up a dry-hop bag" when taking it out of a secondary. i swear that smell sticks with you worse than cutting onions...lol. wonder what my coworkers think of my new hop-cologne?!?!

"I wonder how much more difficult it would be to make meth?" :drunk:

"Now where'd I put that six pack of homebrew to age, so that I couldn't find it?!" When the pipeline goes dry...

"I'm not drinking this week. I mean it. For real this time."

I stopped saying that months ago after I got a promotion and suddenly I had responsibility at work. Now I just say, "I won't get black out drunk this week, till at least Thursday, maybe."

My problem as well. I wanna get a 2nd fridge for the man cave/brewery. Not getting a lot of positive feedback on that one...

My problem as well. I wanna get a 2nd fridge for the man cave/brewery. Not getting a lot of positive feedback on that one...

I'm lucky there. She's got her own income, and mine is good enough that I can buy just about anything I want. As long as all the bills are paid first. I am a resourceful tight wad though.

She keeps her money for herself. I know that don't sound fair,... but she never says a word about anything I drag in, doesn't even ask the price. The most I hear is, "what's that for??? Brewing?" And not in a bad way either.

pb

ETA: But having a kegerator by my side is banned!!! She says I get too drunk, too fast! And she can't get frisky with an old drunk! hehehe

"why didn't i wear gloves when washing up a dry-hop bag" when taking it out of a secondary. i swear that smell sticks with you worse than cutting onions...lol. wonder what my coworkers think of my new hop-cologne?!?!

I wonder if I can make hop cologne by dry hopping it. If it adds aroma to beer, it has to add it to cologne.

When I'm 2 weeks overdue bottling my Red Rye'Der Pale Ale

"Let's not call it Lazy, let's just call it extra dry hopping."

&

"If I didn't already have 8 varieties of beers on hand this would be a tragedy."

My son is coming to visit for the first time in almost two years and today I asked if he wanted to brew a batch of beer with me while here.

Boy,I wish. First my wife becomes a type one diabetic,then my son gets a medical condition where he can't drink anymore. I'm the last man standing. Damn...:(

high5apparatus said:
"I can't believe a fellow home brewer would return my bottles with science projects in the bottom."

Damn. On vaca last week I rinsed a case of empties as I drank them. As good as if I were keeping them. Only to leave them in the recycling bin.

ArkotRamathorn said:
I stopped saying that months ago after I got a promotion and suddenly I had responsibility at work.

I know the feeling. Two weeks ago, my wife and I started Paleo, so I knew I shouldn't drink [lots of] beer. That same day, I learned some major stuff was going down at work, and being a manager means a whole bunch of it was dumped on me to figure out how to make sure my guys had a future with the company as well as myself. But to do it in the midst of a major transition that we'd all have to support too.

My first thought was the movie Airplane: "Boy, I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue."

(A lot more apfelwein and Scotch were drunk that week than usual.)

hmmm... I get off work at 3:15. I dont have to be at work until 6:30 tomorrow morning. I have time to brew. I dont need sleep. I can sleep when I am drunk.

Back