Brewtan B Substitute

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aeviaanah

Reaction score
Having a hard time finding brewtan B in stock at commercial sized packaging. Anyone know of a place to purchase or a substitute?

Commercial sized? I don't know the answer, but have you tried asking Wyeast?

Isn't BtB a type of tannic acid powder? If it is you can get that by the ton pretty cheep.

It's a type of tannic acid, but not all tannic acids are created equal. For example, two Wyeast products, both of which are Tannic Acid ("powders"):

Brewtan B: Promotes Clarity (among other things)
Tanal A: Promotes Haze

It's a type of tannic acid, but not all tannic acids are created equal. For example, two Wyeast products, both of which are Tannic Acid ("powders"):

Brewtan B: Promotes Clarity (among other things)
Tanal A: Promotes Haze
Thanks VikeMan, I figured it wasn't that easy, but hope springs eternal. :mug: What I was looking at when I googled Tannic
acid was from gall nuts (or something like that) and I thought that might be similar to BtB.

gallotannin is what you get with BtB. i could have sworn i saw it being sold somewhere on homebrew level/quantity but i cant remember where

you can also try elageic acid, which is pomegranate extract. does something similar.

worst case send me pm and few bucks i'll mail you some if you're really coming up blank

gallotannin is what you get with BtB. i could have sworn i saw it being sold somewhere on homebrew level/quantity but i cant remember where

you can also try elageic acid, which is pomegranate extract. does something similar.

worst case send me pm and few bucks i'll mail you some if you're really coming up blank
Pancho, I think the OP is looking for Commercial sized packaging. LOL :mug:

Pancho, I think the OP is looking for Commercial sized packaging. LOL :mug:
My bad. Hard to do without access to commercial wholesale suppliers. Ask a local brewery, or as noted before switch to a similar product

Back