BrewsBySmith Two Stage Controller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScrewyBrewer

ezRecipe - The Easy Way To Awesome Beer!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have to admit that since using a BrewsBySmith Fermentation Kit to automatically control the fermentation temperature of my two Ale Pails I couldn't be happier. The STC-1000 v1.06 flashed controller and thermowell that came with the kit deliver set and forget automation to my fermentations that I never thought possible.

This morning it was 35F outside, the grass covered with frost and inside the unheated garage it was 60F, looking back my decision to have the garage insulated was a smart move. The display on the controller read 69.8F when I went in the garage to check the fermentation temperature. The 100 watt light bulb had no problem keeping the two fermentors inside the chamber at one degree plus or minus of the 70F set point overnight. The digital thermometer sensor taped to the outside of the fermentor and covered with a block of foam read 72.5F, over two degrees warmer than the thermowell sensor temperature.

I haven't been this excited over a new brewing product in a very long time. I never really thought I'd need to automate my fermentations but after seeing how useful this product is I don't ever want to be without it.

brewbysmith-tny.jpg

brewsbysmith-2-tny.jpg

Back