What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going against what the can says but hey, why make a pint glass then?

image-2897928297.jpg

If you tell yourself you're drinking a Belgian Wit, then this is a pretty good beer.

Deschutes-Chainbreaker-White-IPA.jpg

If you tell yourself, you're drinking an IPA, then you're like :(

It's a slightly hoppier than normal Wit.

Ostomo517 said:
How do you like it?

I enjoy it, I just wish it was easier to find a variety of Berliner Weiss' around here.

Just not as sour as I like but it is still enjoyable

I love that beer

The style? This is homebrew. Have you had the Ommegang? I found a bottle in KY earlier this year from 08, last time it was brewed as far as I know. Brett finished, would love to take a crack at it when I get more wheat and pils.

I enjoy it, I just wish it was easier to find a variety of Berliner Weiss' around here.

Just not as sour as I like but it is still enjoyable

Make some! It's cheap and not that hard. I've had good luck with sour mash, but I'm trying grain soured wort in the kettle for my next batch.

My wife just poured me another of my HopSMAC DIPA while I fry some venison for dinner.
Her first ever pour from the keezer.

image-460176841.jpg

The style? This is homebrew. Have you had the Ommegang? I found a bottle in KY earlier this year from 08, last time it was brewed as far as I know. Brett finished, would love to take a crack at it when I get more wheat and pils.

Yes the style, I've had the New Belgium and the Ommegang. Both wonderful but I think I liked the ommegang better, I tried them side by side but I also had a fair amount to drink that day so my memory is a bit hazy.

Started off with a Abita Purple haze..... I kind of like it.... IDK it's growing on me...weird.

Then hit off one of my favorite beers a Bear Republic Racer 5 IPA

DisturbdChemist said:
I would be drinking but still stuck at work wait for a test to cool down. 12hr days are not fun

That sucks! Beer should be flowing right now. ;)
I hardly ever work a traditional 8 hour workday. I don't even know what that is. I get started some days around 4AM and get home 5-6PM.

TNGabe said:

Make some! It's cheap and not that hard. I've had good luck with sour mash, but I'm trying grain soured wort in the kettle for my next batch.

Yea I plan to lol. Just waiting on warmer weather

20130416_190452_Hagrid.jpg

Midnight maple wheat, and (maple wheat) beer braised brats for supper.

I love my swmbo, but man living away from her let's me eat like the barbarian that I am.

20130416_190452_Hagrid.jpg

Midnight maple wheat, and (maple wheat) beer braised brats for supper.

I love my swmbo, but man living away from her let's me eat like the barbarian that I am.

It's got onions and peppers on top. That makes it healthy.

More of my HopSMAC DIPA.
And a bottle of something for NIZZLE in the background.

image-2580774172.jpg

Back