Yeast for Cooper's Real Ale?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewSmith19

Reaction score
Hi all, I was thinking about doing Cooper's Real Ale kit as I've heard good things about it and I'm also a beginner. Just curious as to what kind of yeast I should use since the yeast that's included is apparently not that good.

I was also wondering if anyone has tried this kit and could share their experience, tell me if it's good or not. There seems to be heavy debate over whether the kit makes for a bad beer or the process used.

I used to mix the real ale kit with the australian pale ale kit and some dextrose that used to make a pretty good beer.

I think the biggest factor about what makes kit beer so bad js the process. My kit beer I used to be fairly average until I went to all-grain and really refined my processes.

Now with planning and decent procedures (I know boil my tap water because it seems to remove the chlorine smell and taste) I can make a pretty good beer out of a kit.

As for the original question, the kit yeast isnt too bad for new brewers because it is quite tolarable

Back