Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, moto is clearly separating himself from the hoppy pack. He keeps on this path, he might be able to retire the hockey helmet...

Hey Moto are you happy you Packer peeps will get your revenge on the big mean cheating Hawks next year.

For one game, maybe that comment holds up, but it isn't random when three of the four teams in a division beat the pats in a given year.

That's called a once great team that's now in decline leaving it's fans with nothing but memories of former glory and bitterness about the future.

ChshreCat said:
That's called a once great team that's now in decline leaving it's fans with nothing but memories of former glory and bitterness about the future.

Bwahahahaha... That team "in decline" still finished out better than 28 other teams last season, and 30 other teams the season before that.

They're still the winningest team over the last 11 or 12 years. They scored roughly 100 more points than the second highest scoring team last season, and finally showed signs of life in their defense in the end of last season.

Color me concerned.

I don't even know that it's decline so much as the steadily inflating salaries of some of their players. I also think it's laughable Brady didn't try to work out something to keep Welker. The only successful position they've been consistently good at filling receiver-wise has been TE. How many times has Branch been pulled out of retirement now? 4? 5 times? He's not even that good ffs.

Also, for Seattle... While I am always amused and like to see Flutie 2.0 succeed... I'm not convinced Carroll will remain successful. This ain't college. Harder to get away with paying your players under the table.

I also think it's laughable Brady didn't try to work out something to keep Welker.
So what were the negotiations like? You must have been in the room if you know Brady didn't try to get something worked out. OR...

Are you assuming because Welker didn't get signed that Brady didn't go to bat for him? Did you think that everybody took a look at a receiver that has been more productive over a 6 year span than any receiver in history and no one decided to put in a word on his behalf?

There is a lot more going on than Brady saying, "Yeah, I want to throw to that dude."

I think you are laughable! And your team sucks too! And your logic is Hoppy!

So there

I don't even know that it's decline so much as the steadily inflating salaries of some of their players. I also think it's laughable Brady didn't try to work out something to keep Welker.

Really? I mean, everyone saw the headlines when Brady reworked his current deal, opening up another 14.5 million in cap space for 2013. That's not what I'd call not trying...

By all reports, once you filter out enough of the vitriol coming from Welker's agents and from Kraft, it really sounds like in the end Welker's resigning, or lack thereof, came down to crappy timing. Yeah, it sucks that it came down to that, since they had a full couple years build up to Welker's exposure to actual free agency, when both sides could have come to an agreement and avoided just such an issue. But you can't, with the information we as outsiders have, point the finger at Brady and say the guy didn't do anything to help try to keep Welker around. As an outsider looking in, it certainly looks like the opposite.

And you sure look pretty Hoppy, as bluemoose pointed out.

punctuation is obviously not your friend.

I should have stuck to four fingers in Vegas.
10.jpg

I thought that sort of thing was only legal outside of Vegas. :D

It's so cute to see fans from these Second World NFL teams reliving their very own Superb Bowls on video, over and over, like it was somehow related to anything of significance.

Sweet, really.

Cheers! ;)

Did you guys see your hero Dick Sherman threw out the first pitch at the Mariner game tonight? He sure loves his community.

coldcrash said:
Granted I don't know dick bout the nfl...

And I only read the last post...

But it says "Mariners"

And I'm pretty sure they don't know dick about the nfl either ...

...also noticed the word "obnoxious" so...

So what are waiting for Sally?

Latest posts

Back