Help Please

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BamaProud

Reaction score
I misread the directions on An Apple Ale kit that said to add a gallon of Apple cider to the Primary before fermentation. I added it after fermentation, then realized my mistake just prior to bottling. I have already added my priming sugar and I am worried I may be creating bombs if I bottle now.

Should I let it sit in the bottling bucket for a week, then add more priming sugar before bottling?

What should I do???

Yes, you're going to need to let it sit and ferment out first. Otherwise you'll have more sugar than you need and the bottles will likely explode or be extremely overcarbed.

I would leave it to ferment out that juice. If you bottle it now it'll probably blow. Check your gravity now and in another week. It might take that juice more than a week to ferment out depending on your temperatures.

After it has fermented out be sure to add priming sugar again prior to bottling.

Latest posts

Back