What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Espresso from my really cool moka...

ForumRunner_20130509_170243.png

All this Whataburger talk made me get some for lunch. Yall are making me fat..

I hate you......... well now that I got that outta my system :D, having a Heavy Seas Winter Storm Imperial ESB. It was the feature on the You Pick em for $1 shelf at the bottle shop, picked up a six pack. A nice ESB I need to try more Heavy Seas stuff

ForumRunner_20130509_134202.jpg

Hey Gabe you find your dog man? Sorry to hear I don't know what I would do if mine was lost he is my drinking buddy always by my side. Keep you spirits hight dogs have a nack for the wild hope you find him man.

Not today. Hiked, put some signs up. Reggie unfortunately isn't much for the wild. He's getting a little decrepit and I'd been leaving him home running lately as he couldn't even make it two miles about a month ago. He's dumb as a post and lacking in most of his canine senses including smell and hearing. I sure do miss him, but at this point I'm not really expecting to find him. Still going to get some flyers printed and go door to door tomorrow.

And I'm drinking a saison, apparently too slowly to have another before dinner with the in-laws.

Not today. Hiked, put some signs up. Reggie unfortunately isn't much for the wild. He's getting a little decrepit and I'd been leaving him home running lately as he couldn't even make it two miles about a month ago. He's dumb as a post and lacking in most of his canine senses including smell and hearing. I sure do miss him, but at this point I'm not really expecting to find him. Still going to get some flyers printed and go door to door tomorrow.

And I'm drinking a saison, apparently too slowly to have another before dinner with the in-laws.

I really do hope you find him in good health. My thoughts are with you.

I hate stories like this :( hope he is well and you find him

image-1855881623.jpg

Schöfferhofer Grapefruit. SWMBO's friend left this for me to try because it is the best beer she has ever had. Think 50% Blue Moon and 50% grapefruit juice, it comes in at a hard hitting 2.5% abv.

TNGabe said:

Hope he just ends up at someone's house waiting on you to ring the door bell. I'm having a sucks because I finally kicked the dam sinusitis I had for a week and half and it sucked

image-3248515458.jpg

TNGabe said:

I am having my last milk stout from a October 2012 bottling. I consider this my good luck brew. So I hope to pass the luck onto you!
Lost my dog on thanksgiving last year and it turns out a person found him wandering and took him home until the next day when the local animal control was open. They scanned his chip then gave me a call to come pick him up and pay my fine. Hope you have some local shelters you can check to see if he was turned in.
Good luck tomorrow!

image-3947859720.jpg

Shock top from a local liquor station that has GREAT sale. 22 oz bottles for 99 cents a piece! now if only these were not twist offs

Mr. Beer American Light. I have had this for bout three months now and wasn't a fan after it was done. Much better after sitting in the fridge for a few months. Light beers and yard work. It's a great combo. Well the beer is anyways.

image-881721300.jpg

Mr. Moes Pale Ale
Most of the house beers are named after our cats and dogs by style.
The recipe may change, but the style stays with the animal.
Belas IPA, Big Fuzzys Stout, Conans "I'll be back for more" Porter and so on. We have 3 dogs and 4 cats so plenty of styles.
This is Gizmo (aka Mr. Moes) up on the cat walk.

den2a (2).jpg

P1010605 (2).JPG

MarcusKillion said:
Blue Bell - yes indeed . Kansas has plenty of it .
How bitter is that dark IPA ? Never tried a rye . Might have to hit the store and buy one .

edit : Any suggestions on a good one to buy from liquor store so I do not waste my money and taste buds on a horrible beer ?

It's not bitter at all. As far as IBUs it's at 61.(calculated) I know there's more because of the hop stands I did after flameout, but I'm not going to get technical with the calculations. This was my OG hydro sample, so no clue yet how it will translate into the finished product. This is the first time I brewed this recipe since formulating it.(In my truck on the way to the HBS.)

As far as commercial rye beers, my favorite is Firestone Walker Wookey Jack. You could also try Sierra Nevada Ruthless Rye, that one is just coming out of season, but you might still be able to find some.

It's not bitter at all. As far as IBUs it's at 61.(calculated) I know there's more because of the hop stands I did after flameout, but I'm not going to get technical with the calculations. This was my OG hydro sample, so no clue yet how it will translate into the finished product. This is the first time I brewed this recipe since formulating it.(In my truck on the way to the HBS.

As far as commercial rye beers, my favorite is Firestone Walker Wookey Jack. You could also try Sierra Nevada Ruthless Rye, that one is just coming out of season, but you might still be able to find some.

I found plenty of ruthless rye at a local gas station yesterday, should be able to find some at the not so craft beer spots. But I second wookey jack mmmm.

Tossing back some Belgian pale.

image-1557721660.jpg

Chicago's Revolution, their Eugene Porter in my Public House Brewery glass. Very delicious and clearly I got to this thread too late for the picture seeing that its almost gone.

Very delicious. Has a very belgian-y aroma (spicy saisonish). A nice roasty, dark chocolate flavor. Just an all around solid porter! :)

Chicago's Revolution, their Eugene Porter in my Public House Brewery glass. Very delicious and clearly I got to this thread too late for the picture seeing that its almost gone.

Very delicious. Has a very belgian-y aroma (spicy saisonish). A nice roasty, dark chocolate flavor. Just an all around solid porter! :)

I love that glass.

Not quite the color I was expecting but the nose on this beer is phenomenal. Great job again bottlebomber.

image-1111930581.jpg

Back