Brewing with brutus.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ehedge20

Reaction score
I had my second brew yesterday and overall everything went okay. Still a few kinks to work out such as:

I bought the 10" burners with 32 tips as bigger is better right? No, in fact it costs me one full tank of propane for one brew session, and second by the time the temperature controllers get to temp the residual heat buildup causes the mash to go at least 5 points above where I want. So I would go with an 8" burner as I am now going to remove some tips and plug them up.

My analog thermometers are not very useful in a 5 gallon batch as I had to mount them a little higher due to the rings on the kegs. This means that I will have to either add another coupling on the same horizontal axis of the ball valve or brew 8 gallon batches so the thermometer will read in the middle of my wart!

Last I am up to holding capacity and will need to invest in a new fridge and keg system soon, it seems like the cost will never end!

Happy Brewing,
Eric

I used the jet burners a few times and ended up getting rid of them... too uncontrollable IMO and when I tried to throttle the fuel back they would soot all over everything. Ended up going with banjo burners and found them to be much more fuel efficient and VERY easy to control down to the tiniest flame.

Good luck.

Back