Brewers Best Blonde Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James Welter

Reaction score
Hello, I am new at home brewing :) Made my first Blonde Ale, followed the directions to a T, it's now ready for bottling and it's not a blonde :) It turned into a dark beer, Can anyone help me on this....

Thanks,
James.

How do you know it's dark, besides looking at it thorugh the fermenter or upon it, from the fermenter opening? Have you taken a sample and pour it into a glass?

If indeed dark, then we are talking extreme oxidation.

It’s in a glass carboy and it’s dark not blonde! Have not sampled it ..What does this mean? And how did it happen? What can I do

All beer looks darker in a glass carboy, even in a 1-gallon fermenter. Once it's in your glass it will probably look much lighter.

Many things can affect the color of your beer including but not limited to ingredients, length of the boil, exposure to oxygen, hops, even different yeast strains.

At any rate, right now there's nothing to do but bottle it, let it carb up and drink it.

Thank you my friend!!! What you have said means a lot ...

Thinking back to when I was making it, boiling and adding the ingredients I recall, thinking it looked darker then what was expected, but being the first I didn’t know..

Back