Brewer in Philly Suburbs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CJHG_1

Reaction score
Hi all! I've posted a few times here and I feel like I should go ahead and introduce myself. I'm a newer brewer in the Philadelphia suburbs. I've brewed a bunch of 1 gallon kits and I'm trying to take brewing to the next level of recipe development. Like I mentioned, I asked a couple questions here already and I want to repay the favor any way possible. I'm not overly experienced in brewing but I have my PhD in chemistry and without going too deep, one of my concentrations is potentiometric titrations aka I know A LOT about pH and pH probes. That being said, if you have any questions about how they work or the weird crust that sometimes forms on them (it's only potassium chloride - totally harmless) or drifting readings I'm more than happy to assist! I know that pH is important in brewing and I also know pH probes are sometimes a bit fickle so if you have any issues feel free to ask!

Hello, & welcome to the forums. I have been brewing for about 6-7 years now. I have been thinking about taking some courses on micro biology, & biochemistry. I hope to open my own craft brewery some day. I figure learning more about that would definitely help me out.

I think taking a biochem class would be great for getting a better grasp on fermentation and the reasons for byproducts. Plus on a business standpoint I feel like there is a lot of untapped potential in the biochemistry involved to make beer.

Back