Brew Planner Spreadsheet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BA_from_GA

Reaction score
Anyone know of a spreadsheet or program that will let you plan out brews and take into acount your inventory on hand of hops and base malt.

I'm thinking of coming up with something like this to help out with bulk purchases of hops and malt, but if someone has already done something i won't waste my time.

my thouhgts are that it would cover each brew's

volume
base malt usage
hop usage (could get tricky for something like an IIPA)
specialty grains (if you keep them on hand in bulk)
yeast/starter
time in primary

then separate tables for the malt and hops that would automatically lower your Quantity available when you enter a brew so you can know is available leaving enough to complete what you have planned. Figure this would be good for the spontaneous brew sessions, so you can brew w/o eating into your planned grist or hop needs.

any info/input/genius spreadsheet skills are welcome

Have you given BeerSmith a try? It allows you to track inventory, plan brews, and do most to all of the rest of what you are looking for. When you download it, you get a 30 day trial period. Also many people use ProMash, BeerToolsPro, etc., but I've only used BeerSmith myself.

Yup. BeerSmith. It will also allow you to search your ingredient stocks against recipes in your database to see what you have on hand that fits.

Plus, it will automatically parse the fermentation and conditioning times into a printable calendar for tracking.

Excellent program with a little learning curve. ~$25 and downloadable for instant gratification.

Have you given BeerSmith a try? It allows you to track inventory, plan brews, and do most to all of the rest of what you are looking for. When you download it, you get a 30 day trial period. Also many people use ProMash, BeerToolsPro, etc., but I've only used BeerSmith myself.

not Mac friendly....

i've got brew target right now, and a trial of brew alchemy, which i think i like better.

i made a bare bones spread sheet, i'm just not as "formula" literate as i'd like to be so it doesn't do any impressive math for me really.

Back