Brew Kaiser’s Helles?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LokiM4

Smile-it confuses people!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Recipe looks good and although not necessary a step mash is a fun addition to the brew day.

I hop my Helles with the same hops and always enjoy the heck out of it.

::mug::

Recipe looks good and although not necessary a step mash is a fun addition to the brew day.

I hop my Helles with the same hops and always enjoy the heck out of it.

::mug::

I actually like 2-3 step mashes more than single infusion ones. I full volume BIAB and mash in the boil kettle and find it boring to single and difficult to maintain temp for that long without insulation or refining the burner. Step mashes give me something to do and limit my temp loss as I’m refiring anyway to heat to the next step.

Is your grist similar as well? What yeast do you use?

I actually like 2-3 step mashes more than single infusion ones. I full volume BIAB and mash in the boil kettle and find it boring to single and difficult to maintain temp for that long without insulation or refining the burner. Step mashes give me something to do and limit my temp loss as I’m refiring anyway to heat to the next step.

Is your grist similar as well? What yeast do you use?

Looking at my notes I also have Munich light and carapils in mine...I use 34/70 for yeast.

Latest posts

Back