HELP! my rhizomes came early!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coppinburgh

Reaction score
We just bought a house and of course my first thought was WE CAN GROW HOPS! We have a friend who works for Redhook brewery so she placed an order for us. Problem is the rhizomes came in yesterday and we don't close on the house for two weeks! Will rhizomes keep in the fridge this long? If not, and I start them in planter boxes will they survive a transfer in a few weeks? Any suggestions would be helpful.

Damp, not wet paper towel in a ziplock bag in the fridge! They'll be just fine. Much less stress in the fridge than in the transfer

You may actually want to make that a very light bleach solution (3 tablespoons/gallon). It will kill anything trying to grow on the rhizome without hurting the rhizome.

Last year I had mine in planters for two weeks. When we got our house I transferred no problem. This year they are already 3ft long

Back