Bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerlover556

Reaction score
Im not sure how to do this but I have over 100 pry-top bottles mostly 12oz but also a fair number of tall boys as well. I don't have any use for them anytime soon with a new baby etc so I would like to sell them. They have all been rinsed out etc and I would really like only $30 for them all. I am in the Omaha, NE area and if any of yall are near and would like to have them I will do my best to meet you. I would really like atleast $30 for them but like I said I have a brand new baby girl so ill take OBO. My email is [email protected]

Here in CA the redemption value on a glass bottle is ~$0.05. That puts you around $5 for the lot, and as most of us get ours free when we buy beer at the store, you'll be hard pressed to get more than that for them.

Daksin is right. That's a VERY high price for some bottles. Even in Michigan with a 10C deposit, that's only about $10, and that's without shipping. You might do better on Craigslist, or something.

Now if they were Grolsch, or swingtop bottles, that might be a good deal.

Here in NE 12oz bottles sell for about $25-$30 a case for home brewing supplies and the tall boys average about $3-$4 a piece. IA has the 5 cent trade in but these are all bottle good for using to bottle home brewed beer. I trade in any screw top bottles but it would be a shame to waste these pry top ones like that.

Yea, but brand new bottles are absurdly overpriced- homebrewers for the most part don't use them, because bottles come cheaper than a dollar apiece FILLED WITH BEER, and who can beat that? Also, your bottles AREN'T brand new. Give them away to a deserving homebrewer or take them to the exchange. They're not worth more than the exchange because any brewer can go to the exchange and pay whoever's there for their bottles at the going rate.

Latest posts

Back