Bottle sources

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael-Blue

Reaction score
Hey there!

Looking to make some short-run homemade sodas and see how they go over.
Kinda new to this, but I've been researching carbonation, sweetening, bottles, recipes, etc.
Planning on force carbonation, still deciding on sweetening, and trying to decide on bottles.

Regarding bottles, I know I want to go glass, 12/16oz is fine, really like the 16oz cobalt flip-tops, but $2.5/ea is a bit steep.
I did find 12oz amber bottles for about $.50/ea, but I'd rather go clear if I can't find the cobalts cheaper.

Does anyone know a good source for inexpensive cobalt flip-tops or clear crown-cap bottles?

Thanks!

~M

I recently found this:
http://www.realsoda.com/2010realsodalist.pdfThey're probably twist off, but in my experience, a bench capper takes care of that without too many problems. I'm not sure what their pricing is, and I know they're in california, but it wouldn't hurt to check with them. Bottom of page 14 has their choice of colors, and below that they apparently sell caps along with that.

Actually it is better to use plastic bottles for making soda as it is easier to evaluate the level of carbonation. Once the bottles are hard and firm they need to go in the fridge:)

I recently found this:
http://www.realsoda.com/2010realsodalist.pdfThey're probably twist off, but in my experience, a bench capper takes care of that without too many problems. I'm not sure what their pricing is, and I know they're in california, but it wouldn't hurt to check with them. Bottom of page 14 has their choice of colors, and below that they apparently sell caps along with that.

Thanks, contacted them.

Actually it is better to use plastic bottles for making soda as it is easier to evaluate the level of carbonation. Once the bottles are hard and firm they need to go in the fridge:)

As stated in the first post, I'll be force-carbonating, not using yeast.

Latest posts

Back