Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chupidacabra

Reaction score
I'm about to make the switch to kegging. Is it possible to force carb in room temp? Then cool for dispensing? Will this affect anything?

You can carbonate warm, cold, or in between. Just use this handy dandy carbonation table to find the appropriate CO2 pressure for the beer temperature and desired carbonation level, hook up the gas and let 'er rip for a couple/few weeks. When you're ready to chill the beer, just make sure to consult the chart for the new, lower CO2 pressure to use at the serving temperature.

I carb while cold conditioning, using the same temperature and CO2 pressure that I use to dispense. Two to three weeks and the beers are clear, perfectly carbed and ready to move to the keezer.

But one could carb warm for a couple/few weeks then chill before serving if there was some character that needed attenuation (that will happen quicker at warm temps than cold). You just have to use the appropriate CO2 pressure...

Cheers!

Back