cats and hops?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NEWHOPPYGUY

Reaction score
Anyone have any ideas on how to keep the stray cats out of my hops? i have had a few bines just get going good then all of a sudden something had been getting into them? i could figure it out then i saw a stray today digging at them with the top of another hanging out of its mouth!!!! WTH? any ideas would be great please

two words... Pellet Gun. too much? then try spraying the cats with a hose. Or maybe just buy some chicken wire type screen and fence it in.

lol pellet gun sounds the best to me :) i think i will work my way up to that :mug: i was told to try chili powder sprinkled on it and around it i guess they dont like it?

Use a fence. Don't chase the cats or dogs; I live on edge of woods, so cats kill rodents and dogs scare off bears. Just learn to check your shoes before going into house.

id go further and say .22lr. cats leave an awful smell and their urine can kill some plants if done often enough. but that's just me.

Kitty Claymore? My bud has a problem with his cats and we put some plastic hardware screen over then for a few weeks and then just cut it away.

lol trust me i find another one digging and i will make sure i put the plans up on here :) Do that i am getting this figured out now will the rhizomes that they have topped for me continue to grow? They are only about 2-3" high with only one set if leaves? One of them have been chewed all the way to the ground, just not sure if they will have enough energy to put out more bines? Are hops nearly that hardy?

hops are very hardy don't worry about that. the rhizomes should send up new bines...

Latest posts

Back