2nd AG brew day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scotty2

Reaction score
Second brew day was this past Saturday. Made a helles lager 5gal batch. Bought some used equipment from another HBT member. Hit my 1.051 post boil gravity on the nose. My only issue was lack of tubing as I mistakenly assumed the size. So, my concern was HSA as the hot wort fell from the MT to the kettle about 18-24". Certainly much better than my initial brew day
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f36/first-brew-day-399940/#post5044404

I always let all the wort run from the Mash Tun to the kettle from that high. Absoultely no problems whatsover

anico4704 said:
I always let all the wort run from the Mash Tun to the kettle from that high. Absoultely no problems whatsover

I've heard that as well. But, I read so much about HSA that I got a little freaked out. Thanks.

I was always freaked out about HSA (along with many other things) and then saw videos of very experienced home and pro brewers agitating their hot wort big time. Guess it can't be the huge deal I must have thought it was.

Cyclman said:
I was always freaked out about HSA (along with many other things) and then saw videos of very experienced home and pro brewers agitating their hot wort big time. Guess it can't be the huge deal I must have thought it was.

Yes, I saw a video of Brooklyn brewery seemingly aerating the hot wort vigorously and felt better.

Latest posts

Back