I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BTW, if you guys/gals think I got a manual or something when I became a mod, you would be very wrong. I'm winging it and acting like I know what I'm doing. Bwaaah!

I'm a mod on Tx's other site Beerforum.com, and at first I was like... "How the heck do I moderate? Is there an instruction book? haha.. But like you say, eventually you just fly by the seat of your pants and use your best judgment. Then it all just comes naturally. I think you make a d@mn good mod PP!

As far as emergency packs (bugout bags) go... I don't have one. I'm 6'1", 300lbs, and I have a pocket knife and a killer right hook, so I'm gonna mug one of you folks for your bag when the ish hits the fan! :fro:

I'm 6', 310 lbs, I've got a hatchet, 2 machetes, more knives than I can count, and a gun. If you can get here and take my bag from me, you deserve it. :)

I just moved my beer to secondary. It's sitting at 1.010 right now. That's probably FG, though I'll verify before I prime and bottle. Somebody described a batch of rice wine as having a "yeasty dirty foot" aroma. So that's what I'm going to call my beer. Yeasty dirty foot beer.

I'm a mod on Tx's other site Beerforum.com, and at first I was like... "How the heck do I moderate? Is there an instruction book? haha.. But like you say, eventually you just fly by the seat of your pants and use your best judgment. Then it all just comes naturally. I think you make a d@mn good mod PP!

Thanks, that was a nice thing to say. I like this thread; it's full of decent people. I guess that's why I keep coming back.

Thanks, that was a nice thing to say. I like this thread; it's full of decent people. I guess that's why I keep coming back.
Where every body knows your name...:mug:

Here's something a bit lighter, though not naughty. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
So I was cleaning bottles earlier and I thought 'Wouldn't it be great it BobbiLynn didn't exist and was just Creamy's alter ego?" Not suggesting it's true, just dang funny.

My kids and I go out and watch the space shuttle as it races overhead. It's easy to see, remarkably so. Pretty crazy really. It goes over tomorrow morning at 5am. I will be in my cul-de-sac with my camera on my tripod. I'm such a loser.

There are great people up there doing I-don't-know-what, but they are certainly risking their lives doing it. Some pretty hot chicks up there too. IMO.

The commander of the ISS just landed tonight, pretty exciting landing in Kazakhstan (part of the old USSR). His name is Chris Hadfield, a canadian, and I think all Canadians should be very proud.

I don't know what Chris did on the shuttle, except for this. I think we can appreciate this, possibly the best version of David Bowie's Space Oddity ever recorded. For me, anyway. I am just blown away that he did this.

For your late nite soundtrack, and direct from outer space... Chris Hadfield...

I don't know what Chris did on the shuttle, except for this. I think we can appreciate this, possibly the best version of David Bowie's Space Oddity ever recorded. For me, anyway. I am just blown away that he did this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc8BcBZ0tAI

That's fantastic!

It makes me and my meager life seem very insignificant.

My kids and I go out and watch the space shuttle as it races overhead. It's easy to see, remarkably so. Pretty crazy really. It goes over tomorrow morning at 5am. I will be in my cul-de-sac with my camera on my tripod. I'm such a loser.

There are great people up there doing I-don't-know-what, but they are certainly risking their lives doing it. Some pretty hot chicks up there too. IMO.

The commander of the ISS just landed tonight, pretty exciting landing in Kazakhstan (part of the old USSR). His name is Chris Hadfield, a canadian, and I think all Canadians should be very proud.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc8BcBZ0tAI

Now that's what I call postmodern. Do bad he didn't go Tebowie. Now that would have taken the cake.

Watch it all.

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle.

Anyone else into synth music? I used to have a bunch of analog gear. I wish I still did. Gong? Beaver & Krause? Walter/Wendy Carlos? Tangerine Dream?

I've got a bottle of baileys to get through tonight. I'm not that crazy about it, but I'm tired of having it in my fridge.

That's fantastic!

It makes me and my meager life seem very insignificant.

EDIT: Used man because mankind didn't rhyme.

Be easy on me, it's off the cuff. Please feel free to add your verse.

There is nothing meager about a man
Who take barely and hops in their hands
And with love and skill and nurturing
Creates liquid gold that makes hearts sing

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc8BcBZ0tAI

Who cares about some Canadian astronaut?

On a related note, I don't know if anyone here follows hockey but HOLY **** I have never been so enraged and despondent because of sports, ever.

Was it during the 60's?:fro:

2000's, bro.

...On a related note, I don't know if anyone here follows hockey but HOLY **** I have never been so enraged and despondent because of sports, ever...
I guess that's a benefit of not caring about sports. I don't even have any idea what you are talking about.

I know just enough to be able to tell the difference between the sports when they are on tv. Though I do think football would be better with swords...

I guess that's a benefit of not caring about sports. I don't even have any idea what you are talking about.

I know just enough to be able to tell the difference between the sports when they are on tv. Though I do think football would be better with swords...

I'm Canadian. Hockey is kind of a requirement to maintain citizenship.

I guess I'm not going to get through the baileys, I just don't like it that much. Good knight all. May flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

I have indeed imagined it once or twice.

This reminds me of a short film I recently watched. It's quite profound in thought.

Take a few minutes to watch it...
http://vimeo.com/planetarycollective/overview

I should really catch up on all posts before I reply with an arbitrary poem or something.

Mike, great video. Puts a new perspective on the word awesome. A reflection of the world we live in looking back on ourselves. Beautiful, fragile, and wondrous. Sad we as a race, human race throw it away with arrogant turf wars and greed.

I'm Canadian. Hockey is kind of a requirement to maintain citizenship.

I might be banned and told to turn in my man card for saying this but I'm with LG. It is in our nature to be competitive and I guess also we like to make sports owners and players rich. What if as much energy was spent trying to make things better in the world rather on sports?

What if as much energy was spent trying to make things better in the world rather on sports?

There's no money in it. :eek:

But, the amount donated to charities by sport folk is huge, yet gets very little media coverage because it is not a sexy story. "Wives of [insert sport here]" are pretty good charity groups that help out their local communities quite a bit.

There's no money in it. :eek:

Ya.

Edit: I didn't see the rest of your post before I said "Ya"

I'm not bashing sports. We are human and we are competitive. If not we would have died off long ago. Wars are won or lost at all cost, sports games are played hard, sacrifice, teamwork a good strategy wins. We get fired up about this.

I'm just wondering why we as a human race don't get fired up about being good neighbors, good tenants of the world we live in. If a person starts going down that road they get labled tree hugger, hippy, etc.

I'm not a green peace guy. He!!, those guys tried to keep us from anchoring our aircraft carrier in Australia one time. We won. But they did have strength.

I don't even recycle.. Might start changing some things about myself and try not to be such a hypocrite. We have a world we live in. I'm afraid we t will end it through our own selfishness. I just don't want to be part of that anymore. Big words. Not sure how much conviction I can raise to myself as long as life is easy. End rant

Leafs fan?
Yep :eek:

I might be banned and told to turn in my man card for saying this but I'm with LG. It is in our nature to be competitive and I guess also we like to make sports owners and players rich. What if as much energy was spent trying to make things better in the world rather on sports?

Honestly, I don't blame you. I was like that until maybe 3 or 4 years ago.

As for the benefits of sports, I could get into a lengthy discussion of the societal and cultural value of entertainment, benefits to public health, self-esteem in kids, etc, but this is the wrong place for it.

Yep :eek:

Honestly, I don't blame you. I was like that until maybe 3 or 4 years ago.

As for the benefits of sports, I could get into a lengthy discussion of the societal and cultural value of entertainment, benefits to public health, self-esteem in kids, etc, but this is the wrong place for it.

I should have read your reply before I decided to edit my prior post and go on a rant. Might be better well said in the debate forum. (sorry PP)

Sorry for editing my post Dan. No worries. Don't think we're treading on debate forum yet, but glad we are all smart enough to recognize that. :mug:

Back