your desert island yeast?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do we have refrigeration? Without = US05, with = Wy1056 or WLP001 AND US05. Same strain for american style ales. US05 for quick brews (no starter) Liquid for planned brews with a starter. I like it for lights, ambers and browns.

Do we have refrigeration? Without = US05, with = Wy1056 or WLP001 AND US05. Same strain for american style ales. US05 for quick brews (no starter) Liquid for planned brews with a starter. I like it for lights, ambers and browns.

Ok all, he brew equip u need lagering included

After a week it would be enteric bacteria. 2 weeks sachromyces (sp?) then lactic and last Brett/oxidative yeasts. I would age it in coconuts which in turn would store yeast for future batches. And that's how I would start Coconut Husk Artisian Brewery. Would have pairings with snails/crab/fish on a nightly basis.

After a week it would be enteric bacteria. 2 weeks sachromyces (sp?) then lactic and last Brett/oxidative yeasts. I would age it in coconuts which in turn would store yeast for future batches. And that's how I would start Coconut Husk Artisian Brewery. Would have pairings with snails/crab/fish on a nightly basis.

You have been thinkin about this for a while huh?

Saison... cause it would at least be in the right range for fermentation temperature.

I assuming that we have grains, too. Otherwise I'm picturing Coconut Wine, Mango Wine, and Pineapple wine. In that case I'd go with EC-1118 or Premier Cuvee.

If we have grains, then 1214. It'll do well at those temps and I can make everything from Belgian Wits for my SO and Tripels and Dark Strongs for me.

Like others I use US 05 quite a bit. But you might also try the Edinburgh strain for a versatile yeast that works for many styles. I used it in a Nelson Sauvin APA a few months ago and also in a cream ale which is cold crashing now.

if i have temperature control, wy 1028. this strain is amazing.

1272 seems to be very versital for me. Used to use 1028 and 1056 but I've really been liking 1272 in just about all my beers.

commercial yeasts i'd have to go with Notty, but i would not mind experimenting with some desert island wild yeasts!

Would there be coconuts??? Mmmmm...home made coconut beer!!! Might try trappist ale yeast for that......probably be a pain getting barley on that desert island though.;)

Back