Best idea for electric ignition on propane burners

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lgoolsby

Reaction score
I am building a BCS controlled single tier system similar to JonW's and am now starting to sweat out the details. One of the bigger details I am trying to figure out now is the burners. I currently have two 23-tip jet propane burners. I am not really happy with these burners as they came with the rig and have some issues.

Namely, they were converted to NG and when I switched out the tips for propane I haven't been able to get the tips to fully seat. There were also some hairline cracks in the seams and around the threaded connection. I sealed those with JB Weld but I have always had one eye on them at all times out of fear they will blow.

So, I will be replacing the burners with new ones. Since I am starting from scratch I wanted to get other's experience with electric ignition. Namely, are some types of burners better suited for electric ignition? Are there any vendors that sell pre-built burners with electric ignition? Are there concerns with how close to mount the igniters so they are effective but don't get burned by the tips?

Back