Group Buy in Chicago #8

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And to pay thanks to the people working the splits, we bring home brew for them, and for others to drink at the pick-up. It's kind of a party/pickup.

chase bank decided to deactivate my account for who knows what reason. i now have to email the last person that sent me a chase quickpay (since their access may have been blocked also) and have them confirm that they are indeed sending me a payment. supposedly then both of our accounts will be reactivated. Chase sucks.

I wonder if 100+ people sending you cash over the course of a day and half set off some kind of drug cartel security protocol.

Having said that, Chase still sucks.

I'm fine with them saying "whoa" if the money's leaving my account, but if it's coming in, get the hell out of the way!

For those who have sent chase payments and I have not accepted them please retract your payments and pay me some otyher way. I have called Chase twice and the people helping me are reading off a script. Basically, they are telling me that everyone sending me a payment needs to call the bank and confirm that they are sending me a payment, the amount, etc. too much of a hassle. For those whose payments I have accepted, I will check with my bank to make sure the payments have not been retracted.

I don't know why people bank with chase. they truly suck.

Then why are you using them as a payment option?

For the convenience of others but no more. By the way, I don't have a chase account. I had my trusty community bank account tied to a chase quickpay account. **** chase.

I had to call chase to verify the transaction that you already accepted. Everything is now cool on my end at least and they said the transaction will now go through as planned. Not sure about anyone else though. I for one appreciate the steps they take to protect my money... Sucks that this complicated the buy though. I'll monitor the thread for any updates... Thanks!!

So, it looks like my chase payment didn't go through. Paypal seems to have changed their options on the fees for friends/family. There used to be options to choose on who was paying the fees but they seem to be gone now. How do I send money and pay the fee on this version of paypal??

I hate chase and paypal.

brewingmeister said:
So, it looks like my chase payment didn't go through. Paypal seems to have changed their options on the fees for friends/family. There used to be options to choose on who was paying the fees but they seem to be gone now. How do I send money and pay the fee on this version of paypal??

I hate chase and paypal.

Send to friends and family, from a debit or credit card. Account to account no one pays fees.

It's standard AML (anti money laundering) protocol. When large sums of money get transferred from a variety of accounts, the system is set up to trigger a stop. This is required by federal law and regulators will fine the $$$$ out of them if they don't have this in place; standard for all banks, and especially one with their volume. I'm not defending Chase, but the regulators really have Chase's hands tied with this stuff; if they don't make YOU go through all the hassle to verify everything, they get fined bigtime. Still, bummer their customer service agents weren't helpful. FWIW, whenever I've had a problem I call my local branch (not a call center) and they're extremely helpful and take care of it immediately.

It has to be the pay-pal linked checking account I think. I sent it from a checking/debit/credit account and had to pay $10 bucks. I need to link my new checking account for it to be free.

I hate banks. Personally I try to interact with them as least as possible. Chase sucks as well.

Paypal still owes me something like 10 dollars. Its not much I know, but its the principal of the thing. If I cant trust them with 10 dollars how can I trust them with hundreds, or thousands.

Ah yes, Chase bank, the racist bank for the ages. A Leader in mortgage foreclosures, bankers to apartheid South Africa. It’s a wonderful bank, not to mention the crap they pull nowadays.

And there’s JP Morgan which had a monopoly of the railroad in the beginning of the last century. The great robber barons of the last millennium.

Personally however most of the banks operate like this. Their top priority is YOUR money and how to separate you from it, They will do this at any cost all for the sake of greed.

Don’t get me started on BOA.

Bill, did this Chase issue get resolved yesterday? Do you need me and/or others to still resend some payments?

about 85% of the participants have paid. when did we start collecting? was it on 4/30/13?

Can you double check my payment was rec in full on the spread sheet it shows me short 1.16

let's go stragglers, get to payin! I just put in an order with kegconnection for a 3 faucet fridge kit, 5# co2 and upgraded to perlick 525ss faucets.

I only have two kegs, but will grow and can't wait to toss together my keezer. It will be plain jane collared for a bit, but will be coffin style at some point.

I need ~5 1/2BBL kegs to add to the test lab right now. My keg supplier wants a minimum order of 4 pallets. :mad:

I need ~5 1/2BBL kegs to add to the test lab right now. My keg supplier wants a minimum order of 4 pallets. :mad:

Can someone familiar with our proposed keg group buy please PM cad the spreadsheet link? I won't be in front of a computer until tomorrow. Thanks!

Never mind. I forgot I had Google Drive on my phone so I just shared the link with him. Cad, check your email.

How quickly you need them? I'll chat with Bill at the grain pickup more, but I have room in a container coming over from China next month and our supplier has no minimum on kegs since we are filling a 40ft container with our fermenters and will have a little extra space. Also, if you want any plastic kegs instead I can spare a few from our stock.

bmason1623 said:
Can someone familiar with our proposed keg group buy please PM cad the spreadsheet link? I won't be in front of a computer until tomorrow. Thanks!

Got access. Do I just add a line with the quantity and type I need ?

Demon said:
How quickly you need them? I'll chat with Bill at the grain pickup more, but I have room in a container coming over from China next month and our supplier has no minimum on kegs since we are filling a 40ft container with our fermenters and will have a little extra space. Also, if you want any plastic kegs instead I can spare a few from our stock.

I can get by for a month, but I'm making 15 gallons per batch and have 65 gallons fermenting and only 3 ball locks. I'm unopposed to plastics if you have some spares to sell.

Never mind. I forgot I had Google Drive on my phone so I just shared the link with him. Cad, check your email.

Bill, I can I get access to the google Drive documents? I would like the old one that we talked about at last pick up, and would like to peruse the new keg doc too. Let me know. Thanks!

I can get by for a month, but I'm making 15 gallons per batch and have 65 gallons fermenting and only 3 ball locks. I'm unopposed to plastics if you have some spares to sell.

I have access to a Moosehead keg that is a metal bottom and a plastic top. I bent the heck out of the ring that locks the keg in place. Also, I believe it to be only a 13.5 gallon keg. But, if you're in need and that's suits you, hit me up. I'm in your general area so pick wouldn't be too bad.

BTW, those of you who use SANKEs, I could use some help. I bent that ring up because I either lack the mental fortitude to figure out how to put it on correctly, or I lack the tool to help. I've heard the tool costs hundreds...that can't be right. Is there a tool that is relatively cheap that you know how to acquire to help "my kind" out?

ThirstT said:
I have a Moosehead keg that is a metal bottom and a plastic top. I bent the heck out of the ring that locks the keg in place. But, if you're in need and that's suits you, hit me up. I'm in your general area so pick wouldn't be too bad.

BTW, those of you who use SANKEs, I could use some help. I bent that ring up because I either lack the mental fortitude to figure out how to put it on correctly, or I lack the tool to help. I've heard the tool costs hundreds...that can't be right. Is there a tool that is relatively cheap that you know how to acquire to help "my kind" out?

No you definitely lack lack the mental fortitude :) . I've told you how to do it a dozen times and I live five minutes from you. If only we could solve all the worlds problems this easily! Also I think I have an extra ring if you want it.

No you definitely lack lack the mental fortitude :) . I've told you how to do it a dozen times and I live five minutes from you. If only we could solve all the worlds problems this easily!

Rough crowd!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back