Latest Budweiser Gimmick - Pay more for Less

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tis only a marketing gimmick to accentuate the bowtie logo on the can, as was stated in the article, and not a replacement for the 12oz-ers.
Won't change the overall total amount I buy of Bud, as it will remain firmly entrenched at zero.

I heard through the grapevine that the next gimmick, this time to accentuate the famous Budweiser taste, is to produce a new 14.58 oz bottle in the shape of a Clydsedale's phallus.

So, because it would take 5 texases to reach from Cali to Japan, we shouldn't be concerned?

Oh, I didn't say that, now you’re putting words in my mouth. Though, I suppose, of all the things I could have someone put in my mouth, I really shouldn’t complain.

I said his argument was well played. Just applauding the effort and panache! Unlike so many in our “modern” society, I can still appreciate a well-crafted response. We’ve lost that for the most part. Where he may not always have my agreement, the opponent who sits across the table can have my respect, if he can earn it.

Besides, those flat maps give absolutely NO sense of scale. They stretch things all out of proportion at the edges. The issue is FAR greater than AZ makes it out to be! :D

gonna go out on a limb here......REPUBLICAN christian.

LIBERTARIAN atheist, but so close. You do get a copy of the home game to take home with you though...so there is that!

:mug:

:off: Also, it's neither here nor there, but I adore melty cheeses, love 'em on everything.

THIS THREAD IS DRIVING ME NUTS!!! There is no "in place of," The 12oz cans are not being replaced, they are just having "promotional" cans concurrent with their regular cans!!! Can't anybody read?

I'm done....no one seems to be listening :(
I'm listening.

You were saying something about Budweiser replacing their 12oz cans, go on...

I LOL'd heartily @ this ;)

For the record, I understood ya, topherM. There was another hbt thread on this a few days ago, and I read the news article they linked.

With you on this!

When I grocery shop for an item I don't even look at prices...I just look at the "$/oz" on the price tag. Most grocery stores do this if you are paying attention and read the fine print.

I do this every time. It makes it extra awesome when the "sale" price of a national brand includes a price/oz and the generic is still cheaper, even at its own full price.

Having worked for an ABInbev distributor, I've dozens of attempts by them at creating cool new ads, and "innovative" gimmicks. We distribute to the greater Sacramento area including all the way south to Elk Grove, north to Yuba City, west to Vallejo, and west to El Dorado Hills. That's a HUGE area and we are one of the larger beer distributors in the state. That being said, all total ABInbev products were down in sales around about 11% across the board as opposed to the previous fiscal year. The years before showed the same (though not as drastic) trend. Sierra Nevada, who we also distributed, up in sales by close to 20%. Widmer, Kona and Redhook all showed similar results. Most of the craft stuff we distribute is going up up up in sales, while ABInbev is struggling. More and more people are realizing that they can drop an extra 5 bucks on a six pack and taste a COMPLETELY new level of beer that they didn't know existed. It's only a matter of time before craft beer takes a larger role.

My .02.

*end rant

Shrug, I'm christian. Catholic to exacerbate that in fact so what of it? I'm not really out there pushing my agenda at people although I do find late term abortion overly repulsive. As for political alignment I'm much more likely to side Republican than Democrat but I think both parties are pompous lying thieves. I could probably side libertarian if there weren't a few notable whackjob examples always in the limelight.

That said and to get back on useful topic... I think Cheesy hit on it.... There is a trash island literally the size of Texas presently. I don't care how big the pacific is, that's an embarrassment. Why knowingly support additional waste? Don't get me wrong, i'm not one of those environut people but I wouldn't want to encourage waste for no good reason either. Maybe just take an additional man-sized swig from the beginning to avoid the warm remainder or alternatively since you'd be spending extra anyway for smaller cans, just buy actual quality beer? I'd personally rather support a craft brewer or hell, even Sam Adams that support HS/CollegeKid high grade swill. Redneck Champagne? Poor boys splurge? Which would you prefer it labeled? ;)

WOW, lol.

I went way overboard. Thanks to all for taking it with class.

I guess I am trolling (in this instance) because I effing hate inbev and will hop on to any chance to make fun. I also like taunting AZipa and Revvy, the self appointed "I am calmer and rational because I justify Inbev's assbaggery, you other guys should RAHAHB blah blah blah" advocates.

I hates them cause I want to. SUCK IT.

Shrug, I have no love for InBev. Honestly the only InBev product I really don't outright dislike is Michelob Amber Bock which to be fair isn't stellar but for a decent cheap beer I find it enjoyable. I do frequently give them a try and I thought the American Ale was tolerable but I'm not crazy about that particular hop taste it had however faintly it might have been.

That said, I didn't really consider your post trolling. Saying that "It's only the size of Texas" is roughly akin to looking at the contiguous US and saying it's only the size of Ohio. Still doesn't mean we should add to it for the hell of it all the provide an ounce or two less. I find myself inclined to break out the "Be a man!" ridicule we've all heard a time or two most likely. Also tbh, I would have no heartburn if all 12oz and 22oz were switched to pints and be done with it. Not that I have anything against either size but it just seems like it'd be easier. ;) Besides, then you could always just split it with someone and get your 8oz serving!

The Beck's debacle, where they specifically cut the recipe down and replaced ingredients with cheaper ingredients and packaged it as if nothing had changed sold me on Inbev hatred.

I suppose that if I felt passionate about sugar and made my own at home....:drunk:, then I would have been pissed when it went from 5 to 4lbs.

Unfortunately, I missed out on that protest.

The Beck's debacle, where they specifically cut the recipe down and replaced ingredients with cheaper ingredients and packaged it as if nothing had changed sold me on Inbev hatred.

I suppose that if I felt passionate about sugar and made my own at home....:drunk:, then I would have been pissed when it went from 5 to 4lbs.

Unfortunately, I missed out on that protest.

My pet hummingbirds get short changed a pound of sugar for every bag I buy. If you won't think of the children, at least think of the hummingbirds!!! The hummingbirds!!!!!

Hummingbirds can go eff themselves, it is the millions of children being shortchanged ice cream that has me up in arms!!

My "Fatten up the Kiddies" Trust collects money to strap individually wrapped packets of ice cream to the meager ice cream tubs the kids get now. It takes a lot of money to distribute these packets and ensure that the right flavor gets taped to each one.

My paypal acct is 78950278613057816037854107345.

Click your own navel to donate now!

Or if you want to get involed, contact me at [email protected] AND i WILL PERSONALLY TAPE ICE CREAM SAMPLES TO YOUR NAVEL!

You all forgot the grossest injustice...when Grolsch switched from pints to 15.2 oz. Where the hell am I going to put the other 0.8 oz.?

Back