BeerSmith2.. unactivated.. all my stuff gone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StLouBrew

Reaction score
So it's been a few months since I used BeerSmith2. Was thinking about doing a batch tomorrow, fired up the app and I get a message telling me that the application hasn't been activated. I activated it 2+ years ago! Even more disturbing is that all my recipes, equipment profile, everything.. GONE.

I've done some searches on my hard drive and it looks like the profiles and recipes are still there, but just not being seen by the app.

Has anyone experienced something similar?

Any suggestions??

Thanks!!

I wish everything was saved to the cloud rather than some stuff being only on the computer.

Email Brad Smith, he'll figure it out...

Cheers!

Followed that advice and twice on a Saturday got responses back from Brad that helped me get back on track. It may have been my antivirus software that squashed the app.

Cheers :mug

This has happened to me once, and it was due to low (like zero) disk space left, it crashed and when I opened it up again it was same as you're describing.

Latest posts

Back