Beersmith profiles for High Gravity Brewing Systems

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gvhorwitz

Reaction score
I just bought the 240 V single vessel system “High Gravity Brewing in Tulsa Oklahoma”

I’m wondering if anybody has this system, and if they have set up a equipment profile within for this system.

The kettle measures 18x”18”x20”

Thanks in advance

P.S. I also posted this in the electric brewing systems forum. Please forgive the redundancy.

First of all, Hello, it's good to see you again. Your photo always makes me smile.
Actually, I'm always fumbling around trying to figure equipment profiles in Beersmith. I'm quite baffled by them. I'm hoping that someone who has a similar system, as you do, would have a successful profile in use. Do you use Beersmith?
This system is new for me, Dave at High Gravity gave me a formula, but it's all pretty much Greek to me.

Thanks.

Greg

I have the High Gravity 3 vessel system. The heart of your equipment profile if I remember correctly, is the mash tun. Fortunately High Gravity uses fairly common vessels in their systems. My mash tun for example is a Blichmann so I used that as the foundation for building my own equipment profile.

I'm pretty sure, again, if I remember correctly... that the BIAB systems come with Bayou Classic kettles?? If you can find one of those in the list of profiles you can use that as a starting point. If you can't find something that matches your system don't worry, it's not hard to make a profile from scratch.

It is highly recommended that you customize your equipment profiles in Beersmith. Here is one of the best and most comprehensive tutorials on setting up a custom profile:

This tutorial also has some great information:

That Brulosophy channel also has a BIAB mash profile tutorial you might want to look at also.

Good luck.

Back