Bottling from a keg?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

capparella

Reaction score
I was wondering if there are any secret tricks to bottling a beer to have it last if you have already tapped a keg of home brew? I tried it once before by just bottling it straight from the tap, but it went flat within 2 days.

^ this....This method has worked for me and it is really cheap to assemble. All I had to buy was a small drilled stopper and a picnic tap. I just use my bottling wand rather than a racking cane and it works great.

I used to use the no stinking beer gun now I actually have a beer gun and it works great. Either way works the gun costs more but has the co2 purge which is nice but not totally necessary.

Chilling the bottles helps keep the foam down. I like a bit of foam to cap onto-poor man's CO2 purge-but too much is a PITA.

I use the same setup but I always had trouble with foam when turning the pressure down. Now I just leave it at normal serving pressure and all is well. I don't even bother chilling the bottles any more.

Back