BeerSmith 3 - Red Raspberry

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mooseMoose

Reaction score
Working on my first recipe in beersmith that uses red raspberry. When i add the fruit to the recipe the color approximation for the brew turns black. Looking at the SRM for the red raspberry ingredient, the srm is 110. This seems off, can someone confirm what the correct srm value is for red rapberries?

hah! I've brewed 20 gallons of a raspberry hibiscus wheat recipe I cobbled together and never paid any attention to what BS3 thought about color. But, yeah, checking now I see that 110 SRM - which is hella cray cray! My triple chocolate imperial stout with a lot of essentially burnt grains only makes it into the 70s :D

Anyway...here's what roughly one pound of raspberry puree per gallon - plus 4 ounces of hibiscus per 10 gallons - looks like. It's be a wild guess on my part to come up with an SRM...

raspwheat_2.jpg

Cheers!

I've used Beersmith for years and never paid much attention to the color estimation. You can edit the ingredients in BS so if it bothers you just adjust the SRM of the red raspberry until it gets closer to your aesthetic.

Latest posts

Back