BeerSmith 3 Help, New Computer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StroudCreek

Reaction score
I’m sure this question has been asked before, I ordered a new laptop, which will be running Windows 10, my 8 + years old laptop is has definitely seen its better days. How can I Copy BS to my new computer, I’d hate to lose all my recipes, as well as my brew log, which has a couple hundred batches in it.

This question was just answered on the Beersmith forum...

"From the FAQ page on the BeerSmith.com web site:

How can I reinstall my copy of BeerSmith 3 on a new computer?
First make a complete copy of your Documents/BeerSmith3 directory and save it to a removable drive or thumb drive
Next download, install and BeerSmith 3 on your new computer. Run it once and then shut it down.
Finally make sure BeerSmith 3 is shut down, and then copy the entire BeerSmith3 directory from the old computer (via thumb drive or removable drive) to the Documents/BeerSmith3 directory on the new computer. Overwrite any data there.
Activate the new copy of BeerSmith on your new computer. You may need to go to your manage licenses page to deactivate your old computer before you can activate the new one."

Back