Summer Home Improvement (Kreezer Build)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JSager89

Reaction score
I have had a Freezer with Beer in it for a while now and finally decided that this is the summer that I am going to turn it into a real Kreezer. Figured I would start a thread and update so I can get some feedback and ideas (or give others ideas).

Current Kreezer:

20130427_140718.jpg

Not sure I get it: that looks like a very serviceable keezer already, but the wording implies you're going to...change or replace it?

I agree with pannell77: put some nice faucets on it and I think you're done...

Cheers!

Not sure I get it: that looks like a very serviceable keezer already, but the wording implies you're going to...change or replace it?

Replace no, just going to give it a face-lift. I live in a small appt so while I can't have anything all that big, I figure I can take the extra money I would have spent on a bigger freezer/more kegs to make this one into something really neat. Going for a coffin-keezer type of build right now. Will post progress as it happens

nicely done, get some real taps on there.

Thanks, and it's funny you say that. The day that I read your post I had just ordered three faucet sets. I am installing them as we speak. Will post the new look when the work is done.

A couple faucets and some poly on that wood and you'll be done!

Are you planning on keeping the collar on for capacity even though you are building a coffin?

Are you planning on keeping the collar on for capacity even though you are building a coffin?

Yes, I am actually going to make a new collar with more height so the lid won't come so close to the air and tap lines. I am having issue right now with the line being placed so the lid pushes on it and runs the risk of causing an air leak.

After a year, here is the current progress. Am planning on staining it in the near future.

Not really sure why it looks so crooked. It's really not :p

kreezer.jpg

Back