BeerAlchemy or Beersmith

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoppyMcHopster

Reaction score
Deciding between the two for my Mac setup. Any thoughts/experiences with either of these?

I think I like BeerAlchemy design a little better although Beersmith has "better" fermentables that I am more familiar with while BeerAlchemy has more generic fermentables. IE.. in BeerAlchemy there is only "US Pale Ale Malt" while Beersmith has "Pale Malt (2 row)" or "Pale Malt (6 row)"

That's funny, my BeerAlchemy came with both "US 2-row Malt" and "US 6-row Malt" as items in the default list of fermentable ingredients.

It's pretty trivial to add new ones. I've added entries for Graham flour, Soba noodles, and the 6.5ºL Munich that my LHBS sells, for example.

Beer Alchemy is the best. I must sound like a broken record but the Suggest a Beer and Inventory features are my favorites and the reason I went with BA.

Brew alchemy for me too, used it for a couple of years and love it, and if you can be bothered to keep your inventory up to date that works really well too.
Have had the iPad version for a few week now, even better!

Wow.. you guys are making this easy for me :D

Looks like I will be going with BeerAlchemy. And thanks 944play, I didn't know you could add fermentables.

Back