Beer kegged and carbed. Can I disconnect it for a few days?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cochised

Reaction score
Think I know it's safe to do so, but have just the one Co2 tank and single output regulator, but 2 kegs

Currently have an APA carbed and at serving pressure in fridge
If I disconnect the keg and remove it from the fridge for a few days so I can keg and carb up another beer, will the APA be fine? Or will the temp increase spoil it?

Hoping to sort a new regulator in next while so I can have both going at same time but probably won't have it sorted in time for 2nd beer

You can pull that keg out and let it set for a few weeks if you need to. The possible problem with that is that being an APA, the hop aroma will fade with time unless you were very diligent with keeping oxygen exposure very low. The beer won't spoil with warmer temperature.

Hoping to sort a new regulator in next while so I can have both going at same time but probably won't have it sorted in time for 2nd beer

FYI...I can fit "3" kegs in my fridge. With my setup I run a line from my regulator to a 3-way manifold. From that manifold I can run "3" kegs. The downside to this setup is that all the kegs run at the same pressure, which really has never been an issue for me.

I recently picked up a pair of 2.6 gal kegs that I can stack, so I can now have 4 kegs in my fridge! To support the 4th keg, I just added a tee-barb (from Home Depot I think...a plastic one), so now I can run all 4 kegs off a single tank and single regulator.

FYI...I can fit "3" kegs in my fridge. With my setup I run a line from my regulator to a 3-way manifold. From that manifold I can run "3" kegs. The downside to this setup is that all the kegs run at the same pressure, which really has never been an issue for me.

I recently picked up a pair of 2.6 gal kegs that I can stack, so I can now have 4 kegs in my fridge! To support the 4th keg, I just added a tee-barb (from Home Depot I think...a plastic one), so now I can run all 4 kegs off a single tank and single regulator.
Have a regulator with independent dual outputs and 2 kegs.

But need gas line for the reg and then to sort drilling holes etc as only room in fridge for 1 keg and Co2 or 2 kegs and Co2 outside
With a ten day old baby won't be much time next while

So shall put APA in shed for a week or 2 while NEIPA carbs up and then chill both kegs. Should be time enough to get gas line and connects and have both on go for a shindig when things settle down

Back