Batch log

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

postalroger

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Is there a brewing program out that will allow you to keep a log of batches that have been brewed? I currently use iBrewMaster but it is no longer supported and want to start using another program soon.

I’m looking for one that will record
List of recipes
List of batches brewed w/ recipes
Dates of brewing, secondary, lagering, bottling/kegging

I also have BeerSmith but if there’s a way to create a history of brewed batches, I don’t know how or where to access it.

Thank you!!

fwiw, I use Beersmith, and when I re-brew a recipe I clone the original and tag the clone name with the batch number.
Then, in My Recipes, I include the Date column (as well as Style, Batch Size, Est ABV, IBUs, and Color).
I can sort my brewing history many ways to find what I've brewed - or what I want to brew next...

Cheers!

[edit] ps, wrt the data you'd like to add, right-click on the column header bar and you'll find a lengthy list, some of which (like Bottle Date) are pulled from the recipe data. Probably won't find everything you'd like to list but you may find enough to get by...

fwiw, I use Beersmith, and when I re-brew a recipe I clone the original and tag the clone name with the batch number.
Then, in My Recipes, I include the Date column (as well as Style, Batch Size, Est ABV, IBUs, and Color).
I can sort my brewing history many ways to find what I've brewed - or what I want to brew next...

Cheers!

[edit] ps, wrt the data you'd like to add, right-click on the column header bar and you'll find a lengthy list, some of which (like Bottle Date) are pulled from the recipe data. Probably won't find everything you'd like to list but you may find enough to get by...

Thanks for the quick response. I’ll check that out as soon as I can!

Beersmith has a Brew Log feature built in. You create and save the recipe in My Recipes. Then when its time to brew it, go to My Recipes, select the recipe and one of the options at the top will be Copy to Log. So you'll have a record of every batch you brewed (as opposed to every recipe you created or messed around with), the date you brewed it, and whatever else you want to include.

Easy-peasy!

Brewersfriend also has a batch log feature. You can create your recipe and when you are getting ready to brew, you can start a 'brew session' and save a snapshot of the recipe that is independent of your intended recipe. It's helpful for those last minute changes. Since it is all based on webpage you can access it from any device with internet. There's a free trial option that lets you create 5 recipes.

New to the game is Brewfather which also provides batch tracking. It allows you to log everything. The software also integrates with my Tilt (and ispindle and brewpiless). It’s a web app so you can access it anywhere on multiple platforms. Worth a look.

fwiw, from all appearances the BS "Brew Log" is just another recipe folder, no special functions available therein...

Cheers!

Beersmith has a Brew Log feature built in. You create and save the recipe in My Recipes. Then when its time to brew it, go to My Recipes, select the recipe and one of the options at the top will be Copy to Log. So you'll have a record of every batch you brewed (as opposed to every recipe you created or messed around with), the date you brewed it, and whatever else you want to include.

Easy-peasy!

I didn’t find that option for the mobile version. I have the desktop version also but prefer mobile since that’s what I’ll have in the garage with me.

Back