Basement bar build with Keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt20971

Reaction score
Hi all, newbie here who is currently having my basement finished and it's close to being done. I plan to have the contractor cut a hole in my bar top to mount a two tap tower to. The plan is to build a keezer big enough to hold two 1/2bbl's in the mechanical room that is behind/beside the bar area. I'm trying to figure out if an air cooled system will work for me, or should I try to build a DIY glycol system out of another mini freezer located next to the Keezer. The distance from Keezer to the tower (large black dot in drawing below) is probably 3 to 5' depending on set up. The drawing is from above looking down at footprint of bar.

Untitled.png

I dunno, it's a basement, and if the exposed flight path is really only 3 feet it might be worth a try installing an insulated 3" or 4" PVC conduit from the keezer (collared, I presume) to the faucets and back and use a blower to recirculate the air, and see what happens. Not much of an investment and if it doesn't work you can always run a glycol cooled trunk line through the PVC...

Cheers!

I dunno, it's a basement, and if the exposed flight path is really only 3 feet it might be worth a try installing an insulated 3" or 4" PVC conduit from the keezer (collared, I presume) to the faucets and back and use a blower to recirculate the air, and see what happens. Not much of an investment and if it doesn't work you can always run a glycol cooled trunk line through the PVC...

Cheers!

Thanks. I think that's what I will do. If it doesn't work out I will look in to upgrading line cooling later on.

Back