• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

California Morebeer Sparge Arm

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drunkenmonk

Reaction score
Sparge arm originally from MoreBeer 20 gallon tippy dump system. Arm includes customized height adjustment, float switch (for controlling pump), check valve (to prevent backflow), manual valve, and clamp for attaching to side of mash tun. This is a "plug in" unit for a MoreBeer all grain brewing system, but can easily be used in any homebrewing all-grain system. Unit is all stainless steel except sparge arm ring which is copper.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=221236142786#ht_500wt_1413

image copy.jpg

Might be intererested depending on price and rather or not this can be mounted on a keggle. Hard to tell from the pic.

mors said:
so it is.... Anyone know if there is a way to mount this on a keggle?

You'd have to cut the top piece and extend it accommodate the lip on the top of the keggle. They are basically made to drop down a flat sided kettle. The way it screws down might also need to be modified to keep it in position as well. It's possible but would take a little bit of work.

I started bidding at $50. Below that I'd keep it just for the value of the parts.

It might fit a keggle depending on the width of the rim. The sparge arm itself, the float switch, and square metal shaft with height adjusted all thread sit on the inside of the mash tun. Then there's an overhanging bracket that clamps to the outside of the mash tun. The valve and inlet side on the outside. I use a MoreBeer 25 gallon kettle which has about a 1/2 wide lip.

Back