Barley Crusher.... JUNK!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

just2brew

Reaction score
Of all the homebrew equipment I've purchased. The Barley Crusher is the only one I regret. Time is limited and having it intermittently crushing with endless manipulation..... hobbies should be fun.... Poorly manufactered JUNK. Any recommendations on a quality grain crusher?

Of all the homebrew equipment I've purchased. The Barley Crusher is the only one I regret. Time is limited and having it intermittently crushing with endless manipulation..... hobbies should be fun.... Poorly manufactered JUNK. Any recommendations on a quality grain crusher?

what brand did you get?just so i wont make the same mistake.cheers.

That's weird, I bought mine from Amazon. Used it at least twice a month for the last two years and no issues. I crush really fine too.

Monster Mill 2 roller is what I have now and very happy with it.

I had a Barley Crusher and it was a good mill for a quite a while - but it wore out and quit pulling grain. Seems to be a pretty common complaint.

I use the MM2 with the larger shaft hooked up to a 1/2 hp electric motor on a stand and it has been flawless no matter what the grain bill. I highly recommend it!

Back