What's in your fermenter(s)?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pitched yeast yesterday on a wheat beer! Thinking about dry hopping and making it a hoppy hippy wheat beer

I have been planning (in my head) to make a dry hopped filtered wheat. Keep the IBU's low but use a nice strong aroma hop in the secondary (maybe 2 oz Citra?). I love filtered wheat beers but you can't find many in the US.

Yum, my brother just did a sour saison. Enjoy!

I tasted a gravity sample yesterday, and it tastes fantastic. Slightly sour, berry flavor, and saison character. Gonna bottle it in about a week. Can't wait to enjoy this one during the hot summer months!

Taking a second shot at my steam beer. Fermentation fizzled out on me the first time, I wound up with two cases of 3.1 gushers. This batch went in at 1.052, looking (and smelling) good so far!

My stout/porter/dark pale ale/lager?/ Brown ale. Not quite shure what it is yet (KItchen sink brew) ,it is my first 5 gallon batch since I only do 1.5-2.5 gal. Managed it all on the stovestop BIAB too although I added extract to my sparge boil at the end. Went in my newish 6.5 gallon bottle bucket for primary and will be bottling it right out of that in a > month using some sugar tabthings Ive had.

Air in all my 4 beer fermenters

A red wine in a 2.5
A rhubarb wine in a 5 gal

Thankfully I have 3 kegs waiting to get tapped when I need room

#1 a cream ale with flaked corn. I named it Creamed Corn.
#2 version #3 of my attempt to clone Long Trail Brewery's Long Trail Pale Ale. Serious flameout hop additions. We'll see in about 3-4 weeks.

2 X 5 gallons of K&D Special Lager
2 X 5 gallons of Lazy Day Lager
2 X 5 gallons of Dortmunder Bomb Lager
2 X 5 gallons of Caribou Slobber

Well look who's the overachiever :mug:

I am looking forward to stepping up to 10 gal batches, all I need to do is get the keggle conversion done, already have a plate chiller and pump. What are you doing for ferment temp control on all of that?

Primary: Nut in Yo Brown Eye (Nut Brown Ale) using US-05 at 65F.
Secondary: Saison De La Maison Wong (Corriander and Bitter Orange Peel saison) with WLP0566 at ambient temps; about 74-82F

Two different APAs, one 15 Plato, the other 12 Plato. Both included a pound of Victory. The 15P had a pound of C40, the 12P had a pound of 30-37 Carastan. Both buttered with 1oz 8aa hops for 60 minutes. The 15P had 2oz Kent Goldings for 5 minutes, the 12P had an oz Hersbrucker for 5 minutes, 1oz each Saaz and Cascade at flameout. 15P using SO4, 12P using SO5

Prohibition Lager and it is time to crank it down to about 35 degrees to clear it up and let it sit for another few weeks and Strawberry Skeeter Pee which is fixin to get sparkollloid put in it to clear it up. I will now be ready for summer.

Next thing on my list is to brew a Grand Cru so it will be ready for the fall.

Got another 5gal batch of BM's Centennial Blonde going. I really, really liked that beer the first time I brewed it. Immediately brewed my 2nd batch when the keg kicked :)

This past weekend, made the "Raging Irish Red" from the recipe section here.

Jamil's West Coast Blaster from BCS. I've brewed it twice before and it's awesome. I'll be bottling in a week, but it takes until about seven weeks for that beer to really hit it's stride.

Well look who's the overachiever :mug:

I am looking forward to stepping up to 10 gal batches, all I need to do is get the keggle conversion done, already have a plate chiller and pump. What are you doing for ferment temp control on all of that?
I have a small freezer with Johnson Temp Control. Holds 2 fermenters.
Also have a big new keezer for lagering.
I brew a lager every 3-4 weeks. Will get to try my first one in about a month.

just bottled the Caribou Slobber (northern) last nite, so that leaves the Belgian IPA, and the Bozenweiss Rasberry Wheat!

drinking:
Belgian Stout
English Brown (always)
Saison du Monde
Irish Red

Two different APAs, one 15 Plato, the other 12 Plato. Both included a pound of Victory. The 15P had a pound of C40, the 12P had a pound of 30-37 Carastan. Both buttered with 1oz 8aa hops for 60 minutes. The 15P had 2oz Kent Goldings for 5 minutes, the 12P had an oz Hersbrucker for 5 minutes, 1oz each Saaz and Cascade at flameout. 15P using SO4, 12P using SO5
Those sound good. Making me thirsty.

Half batch of Humpty Dumpty ESB from Chucky P. Halved the recipe but forgot to cut the hops in half >.< . Well.... So it goes. Sooo now ill just call in a IPA?

Dry hopped my Maori IPA yesterday. Gotta get things done to brew a Berlin Wheat maybe tomorrow. Gotta clean & assemble the new barley crusher grain mill yet. Still have one case each of light & dark hybrid lagers that need fridge time for Memorial day.

I've got three gallons of Yooper's hard lemonade and five gallons of an experimental carrot beer I brewed last week when I couldn't afford malt. Just moved the two carboys into my new apartment, it feels nice to finally have room for all my brewing gear!

Just added 9 gallons of Dogfish Head 60min clone, and 5 gallons of Galaxy/Nelson Sauvin Blonde (modded the Centennial Blonde).

Can't wait to drink both of those!!

5.5 gallons of "Lambic" (resembling. It was originally a Berliner Weisse I stepped up with extra DME and inoculated with gueuze dregs), 1 gallon smoked porter w/ 2 Jalapenos, 1 gallon smoked porter w/ 2 Serranos, 1 gallon smoked porter w/ 1 Habanero, 1 gallon smoked porter w/ 1/2 Bhut Jolokia, 1 gallon smoked porter w/ 1 Jalapeno, 1 Serrano, 1 Habanero, and 1/2 Bhut Jolokia.

And then if we're counting them, starters "fermenting" of Wyeast 3787 Trappist High Gravity for a Tripel, and Wyeast 3724 Belgian Saison for a Saison (w/ a pack of 3711 French Saison in the wings for when the 3724 inevitably tells me to shove it and quits attenuating). Both those are getting brewed over the weekend.

Left - Edwort's Bee Cave Brewery Rye IPA
Right - Revvy's "Kiss Yer Cousin" Rye Kentucky Common Ale

Pig Pickin Beer.jpg

Back