Help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markus6767

Reaction score
Hey out there..... I have inherited some brewing equipment. Now am trying to finish mash and lauter tuns. I have a 10 gallon Rubbermaid cylindrical cooler with stainless steel false bottom for mash. And a 5gallon cooler for lauter... Nothing else!!! Help!!! If you can

Yup.... I've seen lots of stuff to make them with the stainless steel refrigerator hose.... But nothing with the false bottom.... Plus I'd like to set up the lid of the cooler for lautering...as well as the 5 gallon one as the tank.... So yes.. Lol... A list of hardware or somewhere to find said list. Thanks!!

Yup.... I've seen lots of stuff to make them with the stainless steel refrigerator hose.... But nothing with the false bottom.... Plus I'd like to set up the lid of the cooler for lautering...as well as the 5 gallon one as the tank.... So yes.. Lol... A list of hardware or somewhere to find said list. Thanks!!

I'm still not really following you, I'm afraid. Does the cooler have a bulkhead and ball valve? What are you trying to do to the lid?

It's just the original cooler..... On the lid I would like to attach the lautering hardware.... Tubing or something with holes that will allow the sparge water to gently flow over the grain... Then I assume I will have to drill a hole in the lid to attach that hardware to the 5gallon cooler that will hold the sparge water...

I have a gravity system. For the HLT, hot water, I have a ten gallon pot with a valve, sight tube and a turkey fryer burner. That drains into my mash tun which is a round 10 gallon Rubbermaid cooler with the braid from a water heater supply line for the filter. That drains into my boil kettle. A ten gallon SS pot with valve on an SP10 burner.

I do batch sparging and this rig works well.

edit there is nothing changed in the lid of my cooler.

Thanks for the advice.... I have a different rig in mind.... I'll post pictures and hardware list when it's complete... Basically I'm gonna drill a hole in the top of the mash tun lid and run tubing through attached to a shower like apparatus that will be attached to the inside of the lid... This whole thing will attach to my hot water tank(5gallon cooler). To slowly release the sparge water into my mash tun... I've used a borrowed 5 gallon rig like this for my first all grain batch.... Worked great! Again thank you for taking the time to answer..

Back