Ballast Point Homebrew Recipes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sacandagabrewing

Reaction score
hello all! I was just writing to see if anyone has tried any of the recipes that ballast point has on their website for home brew? I looked around and there seemed to be no reviews of them.

Where are these recipes? I looked on their website but wasn't sure where to find them.

I think I’m going to do the San Diego pale ale soon! I will be sure to write back on this and let you know how it goes. Hopefully some other people will cover some of the other ones

So I'm doing the blueberry ale today. Got 3lbs of frozen berries to throw in the blender as 3lbs of actual puree is quite expensive.

put the blue berries in last thursday.
OG was 1.058 for 4.5 gallons. I boiled it down lower because all I had open was a 5 gallon carboy.
blueberries took up another half gallon of space.
That kicked up fermentation again and it's down to 1.010.
going to check tomorrow then cold crash and keg.

This tastes really good uncarbed.
a little sweet and some bb flavor.
I can't wait to carb it up.
it's probably 7%?
IDK how much pureed blueberries add.

I was expecting to see clones of some of their beers I enjoy. Was I the only one truly disappointed?

I was expecting to see clones of some of their beers I enjoy. Was I the only one truly disappointed?
It woulda been nice but I wasn't expecting it. I've only tried a few of their beers but the mango session IPA is solid.

Stone released some of their recipes for discontinued beers but none of their current offerings.

Stone released some of their recipes for discontinued beers but none of their current offerings.

Im sure some big brain marketing/operations manager is keeping them well in the black but I feel, again maybe the minority, that their discontinued stuff is leaps and bounds ahead of the grocery store garbage they’re forcing on consumers. So, to get back to your comment AzOr, those are the beers I’d rather clone.

I’ve seen them out for some time and have come really close to brewing their Levitation Ale but I suffer from brewers ADD.

Im sure some big brain marketing/operations manager is keeping them well in the black but I feel, again maybe the minority, that their discontinued stuff is leaps and bounds ahead of the grocery store garbage they’re forcing on consumers. So, to get back to your comment AzOr, those are the beers I’d rather clone.

I’ve seen them out for some time and have come really close to brewing their Levitation Ale but I suffer from brewers ADD.
It's been years since I had a Levitation ale. I'm not sure when it was discontinued. That too is on my to brew list. It's a long list though.
I have the same affliction as you. I'm trying to stay focused and brew some Mexican lagers for the summer.

Carbed up the blueberry ale is surprisingly light tasting for 7.5% but man I feel it after the first one.
It's a little tart with some blueberry notes and goes down real easy on a hot day.
It needs it's own regulator though cause getting it carbed right means my session ipa on the dual feed at the same pressure turns into pure foam.

Back