Ball lock fitting dip tube length question - What good is this?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timsch

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I've received some ball lock gas and beverage fittings, all of which have dip tubes like shown where they don't extend down past the threads. What's the point of this?

I'm installing these in a cap for a Fermonster and want to attach a floating dip tube, but there's no exposed part to do so. I could cut down a full length dip tube, but don't have an extra for that. I could also cut the threads off leaving just enough for the nut to engage. That should give me about 1/4" exposed tubing.

Am I missing something with the standard product shown?

Edit: gas post is shown, but the beverage posts are just the same.

Attachments

• PXL_20221006_134137264.jpg
    PXL_20221006_134137264.jpg
    267.5 KB · Views: 0
I just bought some floating diptubes kits that include a 3" tube, but careful which one you choose; The Kegland kit for the Fermzilla does not have the diptube and I think some of the online dealers have moved over to using the shorter gas tube for both bulkheads. You can check for dealer links through this thread: Turning your Fermonster into a complete closed transfer system for cheap!

Thanks. I just cut the excess threads off. Left about what I expected, which was less tubing than I'd have liked to connect to, but was just enough.

Back