Baked Goods in Porter/Stout Mash

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sacandagabrewing

Reaction score
Hey Y'all! I was just asking because I was curious about how we would go about making a chocolate chip cookie stout/brownie stout. There is a local brewery by me that makes a stout with brownies from a local bakery and I wanted to see how it would be done. I know there are downsides to adding egg and flour to a mash but I think it could potentially be a good idea. I'm really curious to see what you think. Especially right now, I want to make sure I support local bakeries in a different way as opposed to just eating the brownies and cookies (which I mean I am happy to do if duty calls). Hope everyone is safe!

I recently brewed a spiced imperial stout and added 4 oz of cacao nibs during the last 15 minutes, 500g of Lactose, and 3 vanilla beans (via tincture) along with some other spices. It turned out nice and desserty. Chocolatey but not too much. If I was a going for brownie flavored beer, I'd consider going up to 6 Oz of nibs and maybe a bit more lactose but it depends on how prominent you want those flavors. 3 vanilla beans is probably good for rounding out the sweet and chocolatey flavors.

Maybe take a look at something like the left hand milk stout clone thread to get a good solid starting recipe and notes on other people's attempts to add various flavors.

Back