Group Buy in Chicago #8

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The grain pick up Is a good time to trade yeast with your fellow home brewers.

I have some fresh slury from 3711 and 3724 batch i also have brettL from wyeast on the stir plate and can bring 1 50ml tube , let me know if anyone is intrested.

K, I'll pick it up for you. I'll be out at the Lombard skating rink from 11a - 12p for my daughter's lessons if you can make it there.

That is, if I can pick-up early enough on Saturday - might be a stretch with a rambunctious 8 yo.

Sorry guys, I'm totally not going to be able to make it tomorrow. No way I can make it to Bill's, pick up, and make it out to Lombard by 11 and make it to her soccer game afterward without driving her crazy. I'll pick up on Sunday and we can hopefully re-arrange for sometime during the week or next weekend.

bmason1623 said:
Hallertau and Zythos were not available.

Darn, was looking forward to the Hellertau.

I know this is the biggest buy EVAR, and it's not even done yet, but there was some rumbling earlier in the thread about a separate hops buy, is there any more thoughts about that? Where do I watch for something like that?

Those hop farmers are growing the 2013 crop now. So that crop needs to finish growing, then get dried, then gets sold to us. Last year November 20th was the day we needed to pay (deer hunting opener weekend). Aside from spot buys, their is contract too. I don't mean to talk out of turn, the higher ups can do a buy when ever they want.

Hey Dave, if a 1/8th share of the breakbrite tabs opens up keep me on the list. Are you still bringing the horseradish cuttings? If their not all gone by the time I get there, will a wet zip lock bag get it home safe and moist?

I am sorry, I have no yeast to trade, but would love the 3724 if you can spare it. I love that yeast.

Sure i will bring tonight and leave at Bill's place for you. Its 50ml tube pulled from the starter so its not enough to pitch directly but you can use it to make 1-2L starter. I like the flavor profile of this strain but i dont think its any better than 3711 and its much harder to maintain so i dont use it to often, im doing high og saison, 5days primary with 3724 and then brett so i dont worry about stuck fermentation this time

Hey Dave, if a 1/8th share of the breakbrite tabs opens up keep me on the list. Are you still bringing the horseradish cuttings? If their not all gone by the time I get there, will a wet zip lock bag get it home safe and moist?

Yes there is a tray here of horseradish starts take what you want..you don't need to worry about a wet zip lock, they are hardy...also I haven't heard one direction or the other from Pseudo, so I put both your names on the bag of tabs, the cost and my PayPal Addy..so first to it at this point

I sure have found enjoyment in this hobby, and it takes some work at times, but the work that the the guys and gals are putting in tonight to organize and prepare for the rest of us is amazing. Thanks for all the time and effort Split Crew! Thanks for the good brews too!!

I could use a couple of people to help finish the splits tomorrow. We are starting at 9 am. PM me if you're interested in helping. Thanks.

Judo Chop!
ForumRunner_20130518_002955.jpg

Grain splits 99% complete - come and get it.
ForumRunner_20130518_003013.jpg

I am sorry, I have no yeast to trade, but would love the 3724 if you can spare it. I love that yeast.

Gothic, im sorry but i forgot to take damn yeast to Bill for you but dont you live close to midway? if you do or its on your way let me know, you could stop buy and get it from me directly

ArtimusBeerimus/Hippypimp- delivered
Brewingmeister - delivered.
Fasteddie- delivered

Your grains/hops/chems have arrived safe in Munster, its almost 2 am so I assume you don't want it right now...msg me tomorrow morning about a pickup time...

Just got back from picking up my stuff and wanted to thank Bill and the entire crew again! Great job, thanks!

How late is everybody going to be there for pickup? I am on my way and I don't have access to the spreadsheet

How is everyone doing today?
Im washing bottles in a lazy way using pbw i picked up last night and im drinking beer. Starman thanks for directions for building auto bottle washer, i love it

ForumRunner_20130518_140242.jpg

I was trying to make it there today but I can't get there til about 5. I work in the morning tomorrow so could I come at about 6 or 7 tomorrow? Otherwise is anyone heading to the lombard area? it's just one sack of 2 row

I was planning on coming today between 5-6pm. Glad I saw that the doors were closing at 4 before I headed over there. I will be there tomorrow after my nephews christening around 3-4pm.

I'm happy to report that I've got all my Star San hand soap dispensers filled and strategically placed throughout the house after collecting my gallon jug (and the rest of my supplies) from Neopol earlier today. :)

These grain buys are great on so many levels. Glad to be able to participate...

Mad props to Bill and The Splitters for all the work getting everything together, ghoti for the great online tool, and Dave for coming through again in the clutch.

It's not my birthday but I feel like it is. So what if I bought all the presents...

Just realized if I got my lazy bones out there around 10 I can make it to work after. See ya bright and early tomorrow

it was nice meeting the familiar faces today as well as the new faces. thanks for helping these group buys happen.

Also, the group buy helpers who make this happen are great. Ghoti, Neopol, starman and wagz just to mention a few. Thanks!

It was great to put some faces to the usernames at the pickup this morning. Had a great time.

I haven't seen the question asked now that we are picking up. I don't think I ordered enough grain, when is the next group buy? Just kidding. I am not brewing that much right now and if I bring home much more grain I think my wife will make me sleep in the garage among the buckets.

Hopefully for the next buy I will have the entire day clear so I can stick around longer, help haul sacks of grain, shoot the ****, and drink more beer.

Bill, were you serious when you said you might start importing stainless coils for jockey boxes? The box you have is great, and finding a reasonably priced coil has been the one thing keeping me from building one.

It was great to put some faces to the usernames at the pickup this morning. Had a great time.

I haven't seen the question asked now that we are picking up. I don't think I ordered enough grain, when is the next group buy? Just kidding. I am not brewing that much right now and if I bring home much more grain I think my wife will make me sleep in the garage among the buckets.

Hopefully for the next buy I will have the entire day clear so I can stick around longer, help haul sacks of grain, shoot the ****, and drink more beer.

Bill, were you serious when you said you might start importing stainless coils for jockey boxes? The box you have is great, and finding a reasonably priced coil has been the one thing keeping me from building one.

I am looking into importing finished SS coils and will let people know once I get more information. Have I ever mentioned that a bed of grain sacks can be quite comfy?

I was planning on coming today between 5-6pm. Glad I saw that the doors were closing at 4 before I headed over there. I will be there tomorrow after my nephews christening around 3-4pm.

Check in with me before heading over to make sure I'll be here.

Yes there is a tray here of horseradish starts take what you want..you don't need to worry about a wet zip lock, they are hardy...also I haven't heard one direction or the other from Pseudo, so I put both your names on the bag of tabs, the cost and my PayPal Addy..so first to it at this point

Mike took the whirl flock today...

Mike took the whirl flock today...

Thanks Bill, he messaged me and paypal'ed.. I should have posted I was busy answering some planting q's.. Thanks to everyone involved, it takes us all to get something this big done with minimal issues.,as a group I dont think it gets much better!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back