Gelatin

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gold_Robber

Reaction score
I'm about to use gelatin for the first time. I am currently dry hopping with whole leafs which is floating on top.

Do I pour the gelatin on top of the hops? Obviously, I'm a bit confused. Any help is much appreciated.

Just pour it in and give it a gentle stir, and then leave it be for a few days. Chill the secondary if you can. Gelatin may not drag down big rafts of hop gunk, but should clear the haze in the beer itself. You should rack through a mesh bag to keep the hop gunk out of bottles/keg.

Thunder_Chicken said:
Just pour it in and give it a gentle stir, and then leave it be for a few days. Chill the secondary if you can. Gelatin may not drag down big rafts of hop gunk, but should clear the haze in the beer itself. You should rack through a mesh bag to keep the hop gunk out of bottles/keg.

^^this^^

Thanks! I have been dry-hopping in the secondary for 3 days now. I will put the gelatin in tonight, stir and then bottle on Saturday.

That's 6 days of dry-hopping and 3 days with gelatin. This is my first time dry-hopping too. Hopefully the beer will be decent.

Back